No guide data

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by Soapm, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO

Advertisements

Does Tivo have a limit on how many times per day you can retrieve guide data?

I had to re-image y drive a few times yesterday. Now my Tivo appears to be working fine except there is no guide data. If I search for a show by name, it says "No Data". What's really strange is if I hit the guide button on the remote it works normally and I can see the programs that way.

Is fake call working (I don't think I installed it during tweak script)? How would I see it and turn it off? Does Tivo have a limit on how many time you can get the guide data?

I can connect and it will say succeed but still no data.

2. BTUx9

BTUx9 back?

Nov 13, 2003
    Rockport, MA
    if this is a dtivo, it takes a while to index the data (since the tivo gets guide data in dribs and drabs through the satellite, not the phone call, it only reindexes periodically)

3. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    Naw, this is a SA 649DT. It sat all night so I know it wasn't just indexing. I started again from scratch. Maybe this will be the perfect install.

4. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    The reimage didn't fix the problem. This is a real mystery.

I can use swivel to search and find programs then can add a season pass. I can then see them in my to do list but only that one program. I can hit the guide button, pick a show and add a season pass and again, just that show will be added to my todo list.

I cannot use the normal search and I have a black box at the bottom of the screen that says no guide data when I go into find programs. Any thoughts?

5. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...

Advertisements

you can run out guide data if you are a software release behind, are you on the most current release?

6. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    Yep, not sure why it did this but I called Tivo and they said nothing was wrong but I noticed it misteriously started working. This would have saved me an entire day of reimaging my Tivo had I of called them first...

When will I learn?

7. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    we fight calling support because it's almost always painful.
    I would have done it last myself.