1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No even transponders on satellite 1

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by nmiller855, Jul 12, 2018.

1. nmiller855

nmiller855 Active Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    I have had DirecTiVos since they first came out and have switched several out & moved them around. Last week we went on vacation in my motorhome where I've been living & couldn't get a signal so I hooked up to the cable connection at the campsite and when I tried to re-install my Hughes SD DVR 40 the screen says satellite one not detected even though the strength readings are 98 on the odd transponders.
    I have switched it with my SAT T60 that has 98 strength on all transponders so I know it's not the connections. I've also hooked it up in my home with the same results.
    Back in the old days, it was reported to be a possible power supply issue so I also switched that out with another one but there was no change.
    Are there any other options to make it work?
    Is DVR Upgrade still in the repair business & if not, where else could I send it?
    I don't want a new generation receiver.