No Download to iPhone or iPad - BS Response from Technical Support?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by crubin, Mar 2, 2021.

1. crubin

crubin New Member

May 25, 2005

Advertisements

I cannot download to any iOS 14 devices. All of them indicate there is a problem with setup when trying to download. After hours of troubleshooting, I am told by Tivo that they have not updated their software yet for 14.4. Is this true? I have an older iPhone with 14.01 and I have the same problem with that version - that version has been out for months so I question whether Tivo not having updated its software yet for this is true. Unfortunately, I can't rollback to a Version 13 to test since they are no longer signed by Apple. Any thoughts/similar problems/having no problems? Thanks.

2. gigaquad

gigaquad Tivo Image Master

Oct 25, 2004
    I'd like to help, but my Tivo app has been stuck on "Middlemind error" for over a month. I'm pretty certain they just don't want to bother with them anymore.

3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    it's the new and improved tivo tech support - if you wait long enough to fix bugs, they don't need to be fixed anymore - like magic! :oops:

4. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    It’s BS.

I just downloaded an hour long HD show to my 14.4 iPhone in about 20 minutes, which is the same experience I had regularly back pre-COVID when I would download shows to the gym.

5. Bruce24

Bruce24 Active Member

Jan 8, 2003
    boston

Advertisements

I hadn't tried downloading a program since I stopped going to the gym about a year ago. I just downloaded a 30 min show in ~7min to my iPad and confirmed it will play.

Tivo app version v4.6.1
    iOS version 14.4

6. crubin

crubin New Member

May 25, 2005
    Thank you for confirming my suspicions!

7. crubin

crubin New Member

May 25, 2005
    Thank you for confirming my suspicions!

8. crubin

crubin New Member

May 25, 2005
    Dear All -

Thank you for confirming the problem was not with the iOS version being unsupported. With that knowledge I did some of my own troubleshooting and found the problem was with a wonky Ethernet router on my end. When I moved the Tivo connection off that router to another one, all started working.

NorthAlabama and cwoody222 like this.