No Dolby Digital

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by grogger13, Jan 20, 2006.

1. grogger13

grogger13 New Member

Jan 20, 2006

Advertisements

I have an optical output on my tivo and set it into my surround sound reciever, i cant get it to output in dolby digital. I called Directv support and they were idiots. My tivo is set to record in dolby digital so i played an episode of OC my sisters had recorded but it was in Pro Logic, so i tried Football on Fox and that was also in prologic. My reciever is does dolby digital from my dvd player, i have the Samsung tivo box i that helps.

2. maharg18

maharg18 Active Member

Dec 3, 2002
    Chattanooga, TN
    Unless you are recording the HDTV version of the broadcast networks (which your Tivo can't do), you are only going to get pro logic. The standard versions of CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, etc do not have DD capabilities.

3. Dkerr24

Dkerr24 Lost in Big Bend

Oct 28, 2004
    Okla, USA
    The only DD things I've recorded on mine were on the movie channels. None of my locals broadcast in DD for SD content.

4. morgantown

morgantown DTV + Tvio = ;-)

Mar 29, 2005
    Wild...
    Yep, HBO East & West, etc.

5. grogger13

grogger13 New Member

Jan 20, 2006

Advertisements

o, okay, it just pisses me off when you ask the directv people, If it is in dolby digital in hdtv is it in dolby digital on sdtv and they say yes.