No Costumer Support At Night!

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by amatheu, Oct 13, 2011.

1. amatheu

amatheu Member

Feb 6, 2010

Advertisements

Is really frustrating that Tivo don't have any more costumer support at night,
    my Premiere is freezing, the Bar over "my shows" is not displaying, I reset two times and same problem, when I can access my shows, take long time to start paying. is a shame Tivo only want to get money and lower the services,
    when peoples start to switching to cable DVR they going to realize late. :mad:

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    If you are using the HD menu, and lose the network/internet connection, then things can happen or wont work.

3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Why would you expect TiVo to help you get into a costume?

4. Worf

Worf Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2000
    I think he was planning on going as the TiVo Guy...

5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish

Advertisements

I'm glad someone beat me to mentioning that :D

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I called TiVo support last night about the VOD issue. It was around 9:30PM when I called. But I'm on the East Coast. But on the West Coast you can call as early as 7AM. We have to wait until 10AM.

The hours used be a little longer. It used to be until 11PM or midnight eastern time. But I don't expect their support to be open 24/7. At least they do have support on the weekends too.

7. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Does TIvo sell costumes? Can you purchase one directly from the Tivo box?

I would never expect Tivo to support my Halloween costume. I think that is asking a bit much.

8. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    The problem you described sounds like you are having some issue connecting to the TiVo servers. Things you can try:
    1. switch to SDUI or
    2. stay in the HDUI and disconnect your TiVo completely from your network/the Internet. Of course you will need to connect it again to get program updates and use any Internet features.
    3. restart your TiVo

Numbers 1 & 2 should correct the problem and allow you to access your recorded shows. Number 3 won't help if you are still having issues connecting reliably to TiVo's servers but should clean up any other issues.

Good Luck,