No control via remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by whatever, Jan 18, 2006.

1. whatever

whatever Tivo is Life.

Mar 13, 2004
    So. California
    Just what the title says. I just purchased a refurbed Hughes SD-DVR40, and for some reason, I cannot access the unit via ANY remote. I tried the remote included (a white DTV remote), a peanut remote, and a universal remote. No dice on any. Here is what I tried:

• Changed Batteries
    • Tried all remote codes
    • Placed remote directly in front of IR panel
    • Tried all remotes with working DTivo (Phillips 704) and they all work
    All the remotes worked controlling my Phillips unit. The PVR codes are the same, so it should work. I'm guessing that the IR receiver in the front panel is bad. Anybody have any other ideas on what I can check? I'd like to return the unit, but if there is a simple fix, I'd be all for it. A Tivo that can't be controlled via a remote is useless.

-Jim

2. whatever

whatever Tivo is Life.

Mar 13, 2004
    So. California
    ARGH! I futzed this one up. I thought I was posting this in the "DIRECTV Receiver with Tivo" forum. Could I get a mod to move it over there? My mistake.

3. austin61

austin61 New Member

Jun 2, 2005
  4. whatever

whatever Tivo is Life.

Mar 13, 2004
    So. California
    Funny thing is that I searched the forums for quite a while before I posted. I even upgraded the hard drive in my other DTivo and was very careful to make sure I didn't disturb the white ribbon cable. So why my brain didn't make the connection when I got this one is beyond me.

Thanks!

-Jim