No color buttons on Tivo 4k remote

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by Furmaniac, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018

Advertisements

When I visit Prime on the TiVo 4K many screens inform you to press one of the colored buttons. Blue, Yellow. Green or Red. These are used to add or remove from watchlists, see options, backspace or space on the input screen, etc. But there are no color buttons on the remote! There are color buttons on the regular TiVo DVR remote.

Is this a major goof by TiVo?

2. blackngold75

blackngold75 Active Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Northern...
    I don't think I used those buttons with Prime when I had a TiVo DVR, so I don't miss them on the TS4K remote. Haven't heard this brought up before, but interested to see what others think.

3. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    So the TS4K includes the Prime app intended for TiVo DVR boxes, with no changes? That would be very sad. Are you sure you've got the right app there? I don't own a TS4K and this would be yet another reason why.

4. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    That's very strange. The TS4K should run the Android TV version of the Prime Video app which has no references to colored buttons at all. Did you sideload some other version rather than install from the Google Play Store?

5. Alex_7

Alex_7 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2020

Advertisements

I also noticed this since day one, not sure why its showing those colors as options

6. blackngold75

blackngold75 Active Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Northern...
    Don't some AndroidTV remotes have those colored buttons? That would explain it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    Or maybe it's a flag in the android app that recognizes the device as a Tivo branded unit, so it gives options available to tivo dvr's.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk