No Channels on Premiere XL4

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Florida Dish, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Florida Dish

Florida Dish Member

Jan 17, 2003

Advertisements

I recently bought this Tivo. Have had Tivos for over 10 years and have two Series 2, a Series 3, and this Premiere.

I have switched fans, hard drives and power supplies over time but this problem is new.

Picked up an "M" card and installed it after the guided set up. Called Spectrum and paired the card but received no channels. Recalled them and their tech visited and installed 4 different cards and paired them with the same result. Also along the way he replaced various cables and 2 new tuning adapters with the same no channel results.

While he was here we called Tivo and they compared much of the screen info while Tivo analyzed the premier.

All Tivo could say was that the pairing was recognized but not functioning due to M card problems. After 4 cards I am thinking it might be the card reader.

Has anyone ever replaced a card reader in their Premiere? If yes, must it be from a Premiere or are other card readers useable?

I have a very nice Premiere XL4 that may become a boat anchor if I don't receive some advice from a kind soul.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    It is mostly probably the cableco not doing something right with the pairing. I would go with a FCC complaint to get some more serious attention. Its easy to do.

3. bespoke

bespoke New Member

Mar 15, 2010
    I've got the exact same problem, except with Comcast as the cable provider. I, too, have been through 4 cable cards, so the chance I've had 4 bad cards in a row is about nil. I suspect the CableCard reader in my Premiere XL is dead, too. TiVo support is useless as they always say it's a CableCard problem and transfer me to Comcast.

Anyone with any suggestions?

4. Captkid

Captkid New Member

Feb 1, 2008
    Did anyone get an answer to this problem? I've got the exact same problem, except with Comcast as the cable provider also. My premier took a dive and Tivo sent a remanufactured unit. The replacement worked displaying a few pixelated channels for a while but went into V52 mode. Comcast is blaming Tivo. Tivo is blaming Comcast. What a joke.

5. randywalters

randywalters AVS Old Timer

Oct 21, 2003
    El Segundo,...

Advertisements

I would start with Comcast's online CableCard pairing website, and if that doesn't work maybe call their CableCard support phone number and they should be able to guide you through the diagnostics pages and spot what's going on.

XFINITY CableCARD Activation and Pairing Online We... - Xfinity Help and Support Forums