No Audio on Analog Lineup

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by BuggyBoyVT, Oct 29, 2008.

1. BuggyBoyVT

BuggyBoyVT Siriusly Nutty

May 4, 2001
    Millville, NJ

Advertisements

Hi All,

I'm in the process of moving, so I returned my CableCards to COX and reran guided setup to just have analog in the meantime.

I have 1 TiVo HD that operates totally normal and like it should...

The other on the other hand shows a perfectly fine analog picture, but NO AUDIO! Audio is fine on the TiVo sounds, as well as anything that was recorded when the CableCard was installed, but no audio on anything recorded since their removal and no audio on live TV.

Any ideas? I even fully reset the TiVo last night thinking something must have been screwed up with the setup I couldn't see.. Same thing.

2. BuggyBoyVT

BuggyBoyVT Siriusly Nutty

May 4, 2001
    Millville, NJ
    Wow.. a whole 24 period and no response.. what is TiVo Community coming to?! :)

In all seriousness, no one knows???

The TiVo that was working ok with analog only, is now working for about an hour and then blanking out and showing that a CableCard is needed. They are analog channels!!! Restarting it lets it work for another hour or two.

The other one still has no audio.

3. davidwestcott

davidwestcott New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    A little something different from the original post but i'm losing audio on commercials (not necessarily a bad thing) but the network audio comes back on as soon as the sow returns...anyone else having this problem? Checked the analog channels and they are fine, i realize that some of the commercials are comming thru in analog but can't figure what is happening. I just hope it doesn't start to happen during the network shows...

4. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    Tough one to figure out, All I have is some suggestions that you probably already tried.

Reboot TiVo.

Connect your cable directly to the TV, if there is still no audio, the TiVo is not the problem.

Check the Secondary Audio Program (SAP) setting. The analog channels may not carry that setting.

Check that the TV mute is off.

Try using different audio modes in the TiVo settings-> audio.

Are you using an A/V receiver? Check the A/V receiver for different audio modes. If they are available, try each mode.

5. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...

Advertisements

Check how the first TiVo is configured Dolby Digtal VS PCM (?).