No audio from front input RS-TX20 from VCR (since 8.x update?)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by pan4life, Nov 28, 2006.

1. pan4life

pan4life New Member

Sep 20, 2006

Advertisements

Anyone heard anything like this? Since I've had my RS-TX20 I've transferred from VCR using composite cables connected to the front input of the RS-TX20 and it's always worked great. Last time I did it was maybe a month or so ago. Don't know if there's any connection but I recently got the 8.X service update. Now when I try to do the exact same process, record from VCR/Camera, choose front composite, etc., I get video but no audio from the front composite input. Rear composite still seems to be working fine, it shows whats coming from the cable box which is connected via the rear composite. Tried multiple cables/sources including the same cable box, that's not it, still no sound from the front, both in the preview (when you're choosing the starting point) and in the actual recording.

So, anything I can do to fix this? At least the rear still works but I would greatly prefer not to have to pull the TiVo out of the cabinet every time I want to dub something. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. pan4life

pan4life New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    anyone? TiVo tech support? This is a real issue, a resolution would be great!

3. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    There is an active thread on this in the DVD TiVo forum. You are not alone and TiVo CS has been told about it.

CuriousMark