NJ/NY HD advice

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by kas25, Jan 23, 2006.

1. kas25

kas25 New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    NJ
    I am currently a D* high def subscriber with a HD Tivo in northern NJ. I am using a Gateway connected dvd player to play digital music and pictures wirelessly to my HD tv and stereo receiver.

I am curious as to what my next move should be. I am currently considering three choices but would like some advice as by this boards standards I am a novice.

1) Switch to a media center pc once they offer HD capabilities.
    2) Wait for HD media center option via TIVO or D*
    3) sit and wait until things settle (not very fun but possibly the smartest move cosidering the ensuing switch to MPEG 4?)

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Seems like all 3 of your options are basically "Wait until something develops."

Is there something you feel you're missing right now?

3. kas25

kas25 New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    NJ

I guess I am anticipating the MPEG 4 switch. What I am missing is the ability to take my home videos (currently they are burned to a dvd via a Sony dvd recorder) and play them via my Gateway player. The Gateway player can play video but my current lap top (purchased in 2001) does not handle recording off video very well. That's where the pc media center comes in. Ideally, though, I love to have a tivo which handles these functions.