Nip/Tuck Season Finale 12/20 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ireland967, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ireland967

ireland967 Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Chicago
    Nice, very nice. I was getting somewhat disappointed in the Carver being Quentin, then bam. I wonder if the storyline will come back in the future.

The Matt/Cherry ending didn't seem to tie up as nicely.

2. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I think it was pretty well done. They explained away inconsistencies that I saw. All in all, I'm satisfied.

tk

3. porges

porges Member

Feb 28, 2001
    I was just annoyed by the "added twist", which explained nothing that wasn't explained by the first level of revelation. Plus: which doctor declared him dead without noticing that he was wearing a vest? And when they went up to Maine because they were "obsessive-compulsive", was that before or after Quentin's body disappeared from the morgue, which many people might find suspicious?

4. Keith_R90210

Keith_R90210 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    FL
    Great! I loved it! The Carver was a little to easy but I liked the added twist they threw in, the twist kept me from being totally disappointed in what I saw was an obvious guess at who the Carver was.

Matt's story wasn't tied as nice though.

I'm glad that Sean and Julia are back together and I really hope it lasts. I wonder what the test results showed for her baby or did I miss something?

One huge inconsistency that really bugged me was how they shot the Matt and crazy father scenes in a basement. Anyone from FL and Miami knows that FL, and Miami especially, is way to flat to have any houses with basements. The basement would be built under sea level. I'm a little miffed that the writers didn't know better.

Otherwise I thought it was great and will miss this show for another year.

5. itstrue

itstrue No, really

Dec 20, 2004
    It might have played better as two seperate episodes, but it certainly was not a disappointment. I had always thought Kit was pretty unorthodox for a cop, but I never thought to implicate her for a minute.

6. heyitscory

heyitscory Mooz is not a thing

Apr 6, 2004
    The...
    Am I a bad person for noticing his sister Violet was purple?

7. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001

Maybe this house is raised up. From the outside it looks like a Two story house but the stairs from outside bring you to the second story. Then you go down sstairs back to ground level.

Hey I don't know it could happen

8. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Very satisfying. I liked it.

I did call Kit as the sister when she was staring out the window in her office explaining it to Troy & Christian. But then when she said the sister was dead I thought "oh, guess she's not the sister after all". But then as soon as Quentin 'woke up' I knew it.

9. Artfreak

Artfreak New Member

May 19, 2005
    Don't hold your breath. The test results were obviously not good - Julia cannot bring herself to terminate the pregnancy and cannot see raising a child with challenges on her own, so she's back with Sean - Even though it's the last thing she wants.

Sidenote:

Last scene, with Matt "coming home" WHERE THE FREAK IS THE DAUGHTER????

10. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    She was there! We saw her.

11. VinceA

VinceA Active Member

May 13, 2002
    Bayonne, NJ
    I got the same vibe from the look in her eyes when they were hugging at the end. She knows the baby is not going to be 100% healthy and she wants Sean close to lean on and/or blame.

12. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Do you mean the Nazi daughter of the dead guy, or the middle school daughter of Sean? Cause she was there

13. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    When they mentioned the sister, I thought it was Liz and she was the sister of Quentin .

14. TheDewAddict

TheDewAddict tciddAweDehT

Aug 21, 2002
    Amsterdam,...
    One thing I'm confused about...

So Quentin lacks male genetalia...that was easy enough to hide at the frat party (pay a drunk girl to pretend), and easy enough when he was raping people as the Carver (fully dressed to hide the prosthetic straps). What about when he was screwing the military guy in the recovery room? If I remember correctly, he was screwing the military guy, and they were both naked. How did he hide his lack of a member then?

All in all, I was disappointed in Quentin being the Carver, but the writers really redeamed themselves with the whole backstory. Hopefully this is the last we hear of the Carver, and the show can get back to it's roots.

15. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    As soon as Quentin was tied up and carved I knew it was absolutly him. The cuts of course looked different, and what a classic move, get tied up like that :)

16. 5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    I liked Rhona's 'American' accent when she was poolside in Malaga. Very hot!
    Her bathing suit coulda been a little more revealing please.

ANNNNND: So how did Quentin and Julia whip up a batch of chowder in the hot tub?

17. kevostl

kevostl Irish-Im!

Dec 29, 2001
    Highland IL
    I thought it was Quentin getting it from the soldier boy.....

18. Artfreak

Artfreak New Member

May 19, 2005
    See...They've not used her so much that when she is there, I don't see her!

YES! I told Ekims as this was unfolding, "That cop is a pretty horrible "special" cop! It's conceivable for Liz to wear a strap on but not Quentin?"

Now I know why she was sooo....lame.

Not sure how I feel about it all. I know I don't want the Carver to creep up in any future shows.

19. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    I gotta admit I was disappointed in the general conclusion. Quentin (and even the Kit angle) was too predictable. I was hoping, for a brief second, that after we saw the OB/GYN doctor carved that it might have been Julia (which would have been far more satisfying), but alas, no. I will say I was watching the back-and-forth between the neo-Nazi dad and Quentin working his magic on Sean and Christian with mouth agape; I just wish they had taken it a little further to shock us all (Matt is forced to castrate himself; Christian mutilates his own hand, etc.).

Of course, that probably just means I'm sick and twisted.

20. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    Yes, it's conceivable, but by that point Quentin had been all but eliminated from consideration. It was the sorority girls who revealed that the Carver was using a strap-on, and when that happened the police immediately rushed to Quentin's place, where they found him to be yet another victim.