Nip/Tuck 12/6

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pendragn, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Dec 6, 2005 #1 of 41
    pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    Holy crap on the ending. Didn't see that coming at all! Otherwise a pretty boring episode.

tk

2. Dec 6, 2005 #2 of 41
    baxter316

baxter316 Member

Jun 7, 2003
    I thought it was the best episode of the season. Also the part at the end with the carver creeped me the heck out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also are they implying that her mom came back to life and she killed her? WOW

3. Dec 7, 2005 #3 of 41
    zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I figured she was going to do the pillow thing because in the scene when she was talking I could the see the burn patient breathing and I was wondering if they made a mistake. Its apparent they were being realistic. I figured it wasnt her mom. I just thought they would find her somewhere else alive.
    So Julia will Julia have a guilt complex knowing she took out somebody else.

I also figured the reason she took the pillow was she knew her vain mother would not want to live like that. However she doesnt know what the other person thought.

4. Dec 7, 2005 #4 of 41
    Artfreak

Artfreak New Member

May 19, 2005
    Totally got me. I was shocked. I thought the Carver might be waiting for Julia, or Matt with the signature Carver smile cut into his smug face, or Sean on his knees!

5. Dec 7, 2005 #5 of 41
    iDriveX

iDriveX TiVo/Mac Guru

Jun 2, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    OMG. I cried so bad during this episode when Julia was talking to the Red Sox fan, and then also when Julia was talking to her "mother". I guess having a bad parental relationship with my own mother really socked it home for me.

Best Episode of the Season thus far.

Oh Quentin, what a tangled web we weave.

Julia Pregnant?

Who saw that coming?!?

6. Dec 7, 2005 #6 of 41
    5thcrewman

5thcrewman Active Member

Sep 22, 2003
    NW
    Burnt face-print on the pillow case?

7. Dec 7, 2005 #7 of 41
    LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Read this on tvguide.com. It has to do with the identity of the carver, but does not reveal who it is.

And as if you needed another reminder, the Carver will be unmasked during the final moments of Nip/Tuck's third season finale on Dec. 20, which will be composed of two back-to-back episodes from 10 pm to midnight. And don't bother trying to guess who the Masked One is. TVGuide.com's Angel Cohn spoke to Bruno Campos on Monday and he flat-out said the Carver's identity is "not guessable. YouÂ’ll never guess, never in a million years."

Does this mean it is not Quentin? If it is one of the main characters, how hard is it to guess? There are not that many of them.

8. Dec 7, 2005 #8 of 41
    packerfan

packerfan Elk Whisperer

Jan 7, 2002
    Titletown
    I still think the carver is the male police detective.

9. Dec 7, 2005 #9 of 41
    Swirl_Junkie

Swirl_Junkie New Member

Mar 11, 2001
    Philly, PA
    I found this episode to be almost unwatchable. It was worse than E.R. when even E.R. was having one of their totally unbeleivable bus crash/bomb goes off episodes.
    I hope this was a one shot deal, and they never try a stunt like this again. Bleh.

10. bigcb37

bigcb37 Willing Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Falls...
    After the best episode of the season last week, they follow it up with a gimmicky filler show. It didnt progress any of the major plot lines (Carver, Kimber etc...)

In general any show where they focus on Julia, I find to be slow and boring. But this one was the worst. The dialogue between the Red Sox daughter was so forced. Also, having Julia doing all the medical work bothered me for some reason. She took 1 year of med school how many years ago?

Anyways, it looks like things willk get back on course next week judging by the previews.

11. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    This show ended when Julia came back home and found her mother, right? There was a teaser for next week's previews after that so I deleted it.

12. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Man! I really thought (think?) it's Quentin. If you watched the little clip of the Carver talking into the camera after the show last night (I don't think it was the official previews for next week's show, but my TiVo cut off before any other previews were aired so maybe it was) and listened to the cadence and style of the voice (obviously the voice itself was not recognizable), to me it seemed completely obvious it was Quentin talking. Just the way he runs words together, or doesn't, and the pauses and stuff, seemed exactly like the way Quentin talks.

BTW, I called Julia's mother being alive immediately after she heard about the plane crash. Even throughout all the drama of finding her "mom" and the pillow and all of that, I was pretty sure the Mom would turn out not to have been on the plane at all. At first I thought she was not contacting Julia as another stupid "lesson in life", but I guess she just couldn't get through for whatever reason. Makes me wonder yet again: what happened to the invisible daughter?!?!

13. daperlman

daperlman check the rhime

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast
    agreed... lame. Not once but twice they pulled the bait and switch with Erica.
    And you are right completely off-base... how many times is that anasteisioligist Liz going to be reunited with Mcnamara Troy?

Okay so now it is official, everyone in the world except me has a myspace page... even the Carver.

14. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    Both of those two point irriatated me too. That was a damned bad way to start this episode. The scene with the daughter was so uninteresting I lost interest in the whole episode.

As to whether her mother was on the plane, wouldn't the airline have known whether the woman Julia said was her relative actually boarded the plane or not? I know, I know, it's a TV show, suspension of disbelief and all that, but it seems that would be a pretty easy way to make sure that people how are freaked out need to be freaked out or not. A quick check and a "your loved one was not on this flight."

tk

15. 2DoubleDown7

2DoubleDown7 Who am I?

May 17, 2004
  16. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Yeah, people above were mentioning it

Nothing too great on it though

17. 2DoubleDown7

2DoubleDown7 Who am I?

May 17, 2004
    I saw it after the episode last night when he/she jumped on to the screen...

Kinda cool....I guess? :confused:

18. ireland967

ireland967 Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Chicago
    Definitely seemed like a filler episode. Didn't like the flashes of Christian seeing Kimber while working on the woman with the pole in her chest - seemed pretty silly and out of place.

Anyone think there's a chance the last scene with Julia's mother was a dream?

19. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Thats what I thought at first, but the more I think about it, the more I don't think it is a dream.

Just think of what Julia will do now that she has let go of her and kinda stood up to her like that. She won't be taking any more crap from her mom anymore.

20. JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Fork, but I agree.