Nip/Tuck 11.29

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Robynitra, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Robynitra

Robynitra TiVo Junkie

Oct 11, 2005
    Norfolk, VA

Advertisements

Okay, this show is getting better for me, now that the silly storylines are fading away. Did anyone else watch last night's episode? Should clear up any confusion about what happened to Kimber. To me, there was just not a chance that she was going to back out on her wedding to Christian. Not a chance.

So, as to who the Carver could be, I honestly think we have to rule out Matt. The Carver is skilled with the knife, which should point us to someone who has at least some medical training. I don't think that when the Carver started, Matt had any motive. He was happy and in love at the time. And remember, the Carver didn't seek out McNamara/Troy. Sean decided to start doing pro-bono stuff because Julia brought the story in the paper about another victim to his attention.

How close are we to the season finale? I'm pretty glad this show just got better again!

R.

2. iDriveX

iDriveX TiVo/Mac Guru

Jun 2, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oh the Carver is soooooo Quentin. I think the storyline about the "hate" just brought it all home. Quentin is one F'd up MoFo. Nip/Tuck keeps breaking the rules, I think this is the first "mainstream" non-HBO/Showtime television show to portray graphic male/male consensual sex that way.

All I can really say about the show last night....Creepy. The music, the storylines, everything....not scary....not funny....creepy. Well Creepy and really good.....but mostly creepy.

3. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    I am enjoying this again, there def was a few show lul that was kinda crappy.

4. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    This episode was good. I'm on board with the Quentin must be the carver folks.

tk

5. NYGD1424

NYGD1424 New Member

Jul 8, 2005

Advertisements

Quentin is way too obvious. Matt looks like it could be him, but really...he would rape his own dad? I know on Nip/Tuck alot of things happen, but would they really allow that?! My first choice (before mistakingly going for Kimber) was Gina and now I'm back to her. She kidnapped Kimber because she didn't want them to get married...ugh the suspense is driving me crazy!

6. e30mpwrd

e30mpwrd Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Philly
    Can't be Gina unless she has help; she was shown clearly sitting in the front pew of the Church (funny for someone that wasn't invited) when Kimber was abducted.

I think it has to be Quentin unless it's someone wacky...like maybe the cop that was investigating the hate crimes and was so schocked that someone had left Christian at altar.

7. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    I don't see any reason why it couldn't be the obvious choice. This isn't Sherlock Holmes and we don't know if the producers are going to pander to the lowest common denominator.

8. marcello696

marcello696 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Temecula, CA
    The Carver is Liz. After tonight it is so obvious to me now. Liz has the medical training with the knife and also the knowledge to immobilize someone via injection. She hates Christian and she knows all of Sean's dirty laundry plus all the pro-bono work that is being done to fix the Carver's handy work. We know it is an established character and the wedding eliminated my first pick Julia, Kimber and Gina so your left with Quentin (too obvious), Matt (all of his troubles with transsexuals and racists leave him too busy to be the Carver) and finally Liz who IMO has the motive and also has the proper skills to pull it off.

9. iDriveX

iDriveX TiVo/Mac Guru

Jun 2, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nope, totally not Liz. Liz is a KIND person. The writers have established that. She is a lesbian that wanted to have a child with Christian. She loves animals. She couldn't hurt a living thing. She has shown no inklings of being a carver. Unless the writers write some sort of delusional skitzo piece for her, it's Quentin. Get over it.

10. tbowie

tbowie Member

Mar 29, 2003
    First, I don't think it is Quintin since they have repeated said in interviews that it was someone we knew from the second season.

I am starting to lean this way as well. I thought it could be Matt -- especially with all of his rage issues, but I am starting to think he is less likely.

11. tetspa

tetspa New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Since the Carver kidnapped Kimber at her wedding, you can rule out all the people invited to the wedding and in the chappel - that leaves Quintin - he wasn't seen at all during the wedding.

Dark horse is still that defrocked plastic surgeon who cut off his own face last season.

12. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Wow, what a creepy episode.

Brown paper bag, carver, quentin, racism.

I've never seen an episode of any other show that portrayed all the sex as angry. All of it was about rage. Intense.

13. EchoBravo

EchoBravo TV-MA LSV

Apr 20, 2002
    PHX, AZ
    Is it wrong if I laughed during the bag scene?

<royalty wave> Your humiliation amuses me.

...only those weren't tears of humiliation. <sigh>

14. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Did anyone else notice the "knife" sound effect they used throughout this episode? It happened at every major emotional point in the show (and there were a LOT in this show); a kind of subtle metallic swish. Very effective, I thought.

As for the Carver, it's definitely not Liz. Or Matt. Or Julia or Gina since the wedding (although Gina wasn't invited originally she showed up to offer Kimber her old diaphragm as a wedding present... how touching! And, Kimber probably invited her to stay).

I haven't read any of the interviews where people involved with the show said the Carver was a regular character but if that's true I think it has to be Quentin. Maybe they're trying the old reverse physchology on us: make it so obvious that it's Quentin that we believe it can't be Quentin... then Surprise!! It's Quentin!

15. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    If the Carver is Liz wouldn't Christian have to know it is a woman? If he could easily tell the difference between having sex with a real woman and a post-op, then even if it is new to him I'm sure he could tell if he was penetrated with the real thing or a plastic toy. Or are those things really realistic now-a-days? :confused:

16. NoThru22

NoThru22 Smelly Pirate Hooker

May 6, 2005
    Bel Air, MD
    Quentin has been around since the second season. He was the guy they called in to help fix Shawn's face. The only reason I don't think it's him is the fact they said they called him in from Atlanta, which is about a seven hour drive away from Miami. I'm not saying it's not going to turn out to be him, though.

17. daperlman

daperlman check the rhime

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast
    I guess being asked to cover one's face is pretty humiliating to most people. I just figure if you are going to go that far, why not make her wear some silly mask (like Dr.Ruth or something). At least then her and her therapist could look back on it and laugh someday.

Anyhow I thought the comment of the night was Christian telling Quentin, he might check down the street where he heard a bunch of sailors checked in for Fleet Week.

18. marcello696

marcello696 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Temecula, CA
    Establishing a character as a kind person is exactly the way to make it a complete shocker when they turn out to be crazy. Once again think about it the writers are going out of their way to make you think it is Quentin so IMO that eliminates him, Matt already has his storyline going and I dont even think Nip Tuck is bold enough to have Matt rape his own father. We already know we can eliminate Kimber, Julia, Gina, Sean, and Christian since they were either at the wedding or already attacked by the Carver. I went back and watched the wedding scene and Liz is not in the crowd so do the math she is the only logical person left to be the Carver. IMO she has the skills and the motive to do it. Just remember who said it first :D

19. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I think the idea was a direct reference to the "jokes" about unattractive people wearing paper bags... there are many variants. Just asking her to wear some mask would not have had nearly the same impact, humiliation-wise. It seemed like Christian was trying to push her into having enough self-respect to reject the humiliation and at the same time, working out his anger at women. Remember when she came to visit him in his office and he asked if she'd finally found enough self-respect to tell him off.

That was a truly horrible plotline, but I had to smile a bit when it turns out she's a masochist and for all Christian's attempts to humiliate her, it turns out that's exactly what she likes. Sheesh. Christian just can't win for losing! :eek:

20. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    I noticed that too. I thought at first that it was something like when the tv stations show a little icon on the bottom of the screen for upcoming shows.

What a sick, sick, show. I love it! :D