NHL Centre Ice - both feeds not shown

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by eddieras99, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Sep 5, 2007 #1 of 13
    eddieras99

eddieras99 New Member

Sep 2, 2002
    deerfield, il
    question --

directv only shows the home feed on centre ice-- dish shows both home and away- this reason alone has me leaning to switch. i've called directv many times on this but today was told (for the first time) that its because of their 'contract' - they can only show one feed. this is the first i heard of this - and i have my doubts - when i first asked she went thru the entire blackout bit- and i told her that was not my question - i understand blackouts. then she went on about their contract - makes me question whether she really knew. btw - i called retentions cause i thought i may get someone more knowledgable....

what you guys think? could this be a contract thing? i figured it was just bandwidth....

2. Sep 6, 2007 #2 of 13
    bsnelson

bsnelson Mid-life anti-crisis in progress TCF Club

Oct 30, 1999
    Frisco, TX, USA
    Wow, I would LOVE to have both feeds available! It's not bandwidth; all of the SD NHL hockey is on the CONUS transponders (IIRC). Please let us know if you find out any more info about this.

Brad

3. Sep 6, 2007 #3 of 13
    dasexton

dasexton New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Yeah, I would like to be able to get the away feed when the Sharks are playing out of town. However, I am looking forward to watching many more games in HD this season. I don't think that option will be available on Dish, will it?

David

4. Sep 6, 2007 #4 of 13
    eddieras99

eddieras99 New Member

Sep 2, 2002
    deerfield, il
    it's been on dish for the past few years - but i'm having trouble confirming it for this season. since i have to change out my beloved HR10 i figure i might as well look elsewhere besides directv- and if i can get both feeds, i'm in!
    oh wait, did you mean watching in HD on dish??? not sure on that either-

5. Sep 6, 2007 #5 of 13
    trausch

trausch New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Here is the direct tv schedule for center ice. It says in the promo that some games will be available in HD but when you look at the schedule so far everything is standard definition. Maybe when the Direct TV 10 goes live we will see mor

Schedule

6. Sep 7, 2007 #6 of 13
    kashish

kashish New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Yeah, I would like to be able to get the away feed when the Sharks are playing out of town. However, I am looking forward to watching many more games in HD this season. I don't think that option will be available on Dish, will it?

David

7. Sep 7, 2007 #7 of 13
    trausch

trausch New Member

Jan 8, 2004
    Pittsburgh
    Hey bsnelson....we're twins!

[​IMG]<<==>>[​IMG]

8. Sep 7, 2007 #8 of 13
    eddieras99

eddieras99 New Member

Sep 2, 2002
    deerfield, il
    i'm racking my brain trying to confirm this - for whatever reason i don't believe csr at either directv or dish - what a suprise! short of waiting till hockey season starts and verifying with a viewer, i'm not sure what else to do.

do you think the contract bit could be true (per directv)??

9. Sep 7, 2007 #9 of 13
    TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I know that DirecTV always does only one feed. Not always home feed. And they do put on hockey games that are not already on the satellite (RSNs), so you cannot assume that both feeds are already there. Like if the Flyers are playing the Rangers. The Rangers feed may be there but the Flyers would require extra bandwidth.

As for what is on DiSH, why not ask over at dbstalk. There are DiSH customers who would know.

10. nhlfan79

nhlfan79 New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Trausch, that's last year's schedule.

11. eddieras99

eddieras99 New Member

Sep 2, 2002
    deerfield, il
    thanks- i do know dish previously showed both home and away - calls to dish were unsuccesful to learn if they were doing that this year. so do you agree that directv is more a bandwidth issue or 'contractual' as the agent told me??

12. bsnelson

bsnelson Mid-life anti-crisis in progress TCF Club

Oct 30, 1999
    Frisco, TX, USA
    Hmmm, I don't see the resemblance. :)

Brad

13. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv New Member

Apr 26, 2004

This is last year's schedule. I was hoping when I saw this that D* had posted their schedule for the coming season. It is not yet on their website.

SMK