NHL Center Ice w/Cable Card

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by grturk, Oct 25, 2010.

1. grturk

grturk New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    I've only been able to find old/dated information on this. Forgive me if this is a duplicate.

I recently purchased a Premiere. I have a TA & CC installed. NHL Center Ice worked well until today on the CC, and continues to work on my S2. Is there still an issue with NHL Center Ice on CC?

Restart of the Tivo & power cycle of the TA changed nothing. I called the NCCS line, and he thought that NHL CI wasn't available on CC's, but was going to research it. I'm afraid that when the free preview ran out (yesterday?) that may have been the end of CC access. I have TWC in the Raleigh/Cary NC area. Is anyone else having the same problem?

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    CI is available on CC if you order it from your cable co. The free preview ran out and isn't showing up on my S2 or S3.

3. grturk

grturk New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    I've ordered it, but stopped receiving it on Premiere CC only. S2 still gets it. This is a deal breaker because I want the HD content (2 channels this year).

4. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    I receive CI on my systems - this is the 4th year running that I have done so. CI works with CC's just fine - although I can't speak for TA's.

5. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Try calling your cable company and have them reauthorize the cable card. I had this same problem shortly after I ordered Showtime it disappeared and I had to call Comcast.

ETA: Last year a friend of mine had CI dropped after the free trial even though he had ordered it as well and he uses just a Comcast box, no Tivo. He had to call as well.

6. thomb

thomb Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Mill Creek, WA
    Yes a call to the cable company should do the trick.

Stooopid that there are only 2 HD channels for Center Ice. It is a must have for hockey on tv. This is a show stopper for me.

7. grturk

grturk New Member

Jul 20, 2008
    I had called the cable company prior to opening the thread. After they investigated, they found that they hadn't actually turned Center Ice for the Cable Card.

What threw me to this forum was the CC support guy's off-hand remark that he didn't think it was supported on CC's (along with old threads talking about trouble with such things as well).

Thanks everyone who read/responded.

8. Tanic

Tanic Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Second day of the 2017-2018 season and Cox hasn't turned on NHLCI yet. Their website shows NHLCI "coming soon" and "check back next season" for pricing. Rovi is still displaying baseball where the hockey channels should be.