NFL Sunday Ticket

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by DolphinGirl, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Apr 4, 2008 #1 of 11
    DolphinGirl

DolphinGirl New Member

May 29, 2005

Advertisements

Anyone know how much it would be if I only got NFL ST in HD (Superfan) and no other programming? I know, at a minimum I would probably have to keep some minimum package. So what would be the least amount in total?

2. Apr 5, 2008 #2 of 11
    codespy

codespy Go A-Rod (Packers)

Jan 6, 2006
    Packerland, USA
    1-800-347-3288.

3. Apr 5, 2008 #3 of 11
    shibby191

shibby191 New Member

Dec 24, 2007
    You can't.

At a minimum you need a base programming package and the HD fee. Family package is $29 I believe, HD fee is $10.
    You also need Sunday Ticket itself. Then the Superfan addon.

As for costs, just call them up or go to their web site.

4. Apr 5, 2008 #4 of 11
    LostCluster

LostCluster Member

Feb 10, 2002
    DirecTV as far as I know hasn't published the 2008 prices for NFL packages, seeing that the season is still months away.

5. Apr 5, 2008 #5 of 11
    shibby191

shibby191 New Member

Dec 24, 2007

Advertisements

From the web site: Early Bird Offer: Get a head start on the NFL season by ordering NFL SUNDAY TICKET® for just 5 payments of $53.80. Offer ends July 31

No pricing on Superfan yet but it will probably be $99 like it has for a couple years now.

6. Apr 5, 2008 #6 of 11
    RS4

RS4 New Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Indianapolis...
    Boy I admire you guys that are going to pay $368. I stopped at $200. The thing that was incredible to me was that they kept charging me more while I was getting less - when they forced us over to the locals to watch up to 4 games a week.

7. Apr 6, 2008 #7 of 11
    Jimbo713

Jimbo713 CreaTiVoty!

Dec 25, 2001
    Richmond, VA
    But I find that there's nothing like spending the entire last 4 months of every year totally enjoying the best live reality entertainment and drama out there. It's worth it.

8. Apr 6, 2008 #8 of 11
    shibby191

shibby191 New Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Well, there are many many threads on this in various forums so no need to rehash all the arguments. For many people it's just not worth it.

As for costs, I do the monthly plan. Just over $20 a month for 11 months. Very easy to afford in my budget that way.

As for Superfan, I have yet to pay full price for it. I always get it at a discount or free just by calling. I got it free last year with the NFL draft promotion.

As for forcing you to watch the networks, that is the NFL's rule. As always with blackouts DirecTV, Dish, FIOS and cable just do as they are told. And in this case the NFL told DirecTV that the local affiliates get first priority and thus had to black out those games on Sunday Ticket. However, doesn't really matter who made up the blackout, if it effected you enough to not make it worth it then you shouldn't pay.

One thing a lot of people forget is that Sunday Ticket is for *out of market* games. So if you get all the games you want to watch like your local team already on free OTA then Sunday Ticket is not worth it for you. But if your team is actually from another market and/or you are a fantasy football freak then Sunday Ticket may very well be worth it for you. Everyone has to make their own decision.

9. Apr 6, 2008 #9 of 11
    Philly Bill

Philly Bill Everyday is Saturday

Oct 6, 2004
    Rotonda...
    Well, I NEED to watch the Eagles every Sunday... and living in Memphis there isn't a good chance of that.

I COULD go to the bar every weekend but I bet I'd buy more than $368 in chicken wings at BW3.

10. evilklown

evilklown New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Is there a midseason discount? If you wait?

11. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    There WILL be a mid-season discount if previous years are anything to go by.

However, no-one is paying the Superfan fee if they call and ask. There are offers to be had.

I got ST for $41/mo for 6 months, free superfan plus Showtime & Starz free for 6 months AND a $10 discount off my bill for 6 months just by asking nicely. If you total all that up and do the math, I'm paying a total of $48 for ST.

Last year, I managed to get the new subscriber's offer of $69.99 for four months with the premium package.

Of course YMMV and you may not get all this - or you may get more. It's a combination of asking the right questions and getting the right CSR.