NFL on Prime video

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by OrangeTurtle, Dec 26, 2020.

1. OrangeTurtle

OrangeTurtle Member

Jul 17, 2015

Advertisements

So, I’ve stumbled upon something I don’t get, but maybe someone here can help me.

I try to watch the NFL game on Amazon prime using the app through my TiVo bolt, but can’t find it anywhere.

I open the app on my phone and it works just fine.

then I decided to try running it through my Apple TV and it shows up there just like my phone.

Why can’t I run it through the Amazon prime app on my tivo? What am I missing?

thanks in advance for the help!

2. reneg

reneg Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2002
    I’d guess because the NFL game is a live event and the tivo integration with prime is for video on demand.

3. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Yeah, I'd guess TiVo is running an outdated Prime app that hasn't been updated in years.

trip1eX likes this.
  4. OrangeTurtle

OrangeTurtle Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Thanks for the thoughts. Too bad this company continues to move backwards in "desirability."

5. neel

neel New Member

Feb 6, 2016

Advertisements

I guess hat's why they are pushing the Tivo Stream and not updating the DVRs. Would be nice if the DVR could integrate the current stream software.

6. Aaron Malloy

Aaron Malloy Active Member

Oct 30, 2019
    So when you could see it, what did you think about the quality? I caught a little of it on Saturday via my Sony TV's Prime app, but thought the quality was just average and a bit pixelated. Certainly no where near watching a game OTA.

7. jerryez

jerryez Active Member

May 16, 2001
    Pensacola,FL...
    I watched it on my Roku and thought it was as good as OTA, but not any better.

Aaron Malloy likes this.
  8. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005
    i thought the pic quality was better than ota/cable.

Aaron Malloy likes this.
  9. tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017