Newby question related to recent HR10-250 issues

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by bobbo007, Oct 3, 2006.

1. bobbo007

bobbo007 New Member

Oct 2, 2006

Advertisements

Forgive me but I am a TIVO community novice.....

I've been fortunate enough to be a victim of the recent audio and video dropouts of the past several weeks that seem related to the software upgrade. However, as I mentioned in a thread related to my particular issue, like some, I've not received the update, yet I have the same problems.

Now, for the sake of someone who hasn't been on this forum very long, and again please forgive my ignorance, could you tell me: is any of this reported to Directv? Or, does Directv peruse these threads looking for ways to help their loyal customers? Or do we simply wait contently hoping for mercy from the Directv gurus?

It would seem that if enough of us have the problem and they were aware of it there would be a response and a soon coming fix. Or do I live in "yeahrightsville"?

I've had my HR10-250 for 2 years (this Dec) and have never had any of these problems before. The fact that it coincides with others experiencing the same and the recent upgrade, for me, is more than a coincidence.

Thanks,
    Bobbo

2. Freightdog

Freightdog New Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Atlanta
    ...."Or do I live in "yeahrightsville"?......

I'm afraid you may.. I was once naive, thought very highly of Directv's technology..etc....

No longer, their extended delay getting an upgrade for the HR10 really disappointed me. I know, it 'worked' as purchased, no upgrade was evey promised, but come on, this is service and technology... stand still and die..

The problems with this update would have left heads rolling at my old company. Directv no longer appears hungry.