Newbie questions about multiple tivos

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Nikademus, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Nikademus

Nikademus New Member

Jan 17, 2006
    I'm thinking about purchasing a second (or even third) Tivo, and I have a few questions.

1) Can you move recorded programs from one Tivo box to another? If so, does the second box require a subscription?

We currently have one in our main room, and I was thinking of putting a second tivo in another room, with a subscription. However, there are times I would like to watch one of the recorded shows in bed, so was thinking of buying a third box without a subscription.

2) I know the price of the monthly subscription for the second box drops from $12.95 to $6.95. Are you still charged $12.95 for the first box?

Thanks for putting up with my questions.

2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    1) yes
    2) yes

3. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    1) Yes and Yes - but they have to be subscribed series 2 Tivos
    2) Yes

4. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002
    but all boxes need a subscription, so a third box in the bedroom would also need a subscription in addition to the 2 other ones.

5. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    so for the bedroom you either get a third box and subscribe it of use soemthing like avcast to send the output of the TiVo over the coax along with remote control commands. check out www.crossbarmedia.com for more details.

there are more options than just avcast to do this but this is the easies tto link up adn has a website full of info