Newbie - how do I shut off all tuners but 1?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by DaveG75, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Aug 1, 2017 #1 of 10
    DaveG75

DaveG75 New Member

Aug 1, 2017

Advertisements

After finally finding the manual for our new refurb Roamio Pro, I (happy puppy-like) set 4 tuners going on 4 channels.

Now my viewing is like a trip without a map. I never know what I'm going to encounter when I press Live TV.

How I do pare multiple channels back down to 1 channel again?

2. Aug 1, 2017 #2 of 10
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    No the tuners do not shut down. Just ignore them as they can change channels when there is anything to record. The tuner you are currently watching would not change unless the 3 other tuners are being used to record.

3. Aug 1, 2017 #3 of 10
    DaveG75

DaveG75 New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Yikes.

The '75' in my screen name is my age... wait till I try streaming...

Anyway, I guess I can just tune all the tuners to the same program. That way, no matter which destination I reach after pushing Live TV, I'll be on familiar ground.

4. Aug 1, 2017 #4 of 10
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Set the unit to the channel. Do a restart. All tuners will be on that channel.

There is no other way to get all tuners to the same channel. To see tuner assignments, hit Info on the remote, then down.

5. Aug 1, 2017 #5 of 10
    UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA

Advertisements

You can't do that.... easily. Sine you're new I won't get into how you could do it.

I guess the question is, why do you want to have the tuners all on one channel?

rgrounds likes this.
  6. Aug 1, 2017 #6 of 10
    UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Bad answer for a newbie.

7. Aug 1, 2017 #7 of 10
    DaveG75

DaveG75 New Member

Aug 1, 2017
    JoeKusta, thanks - a map (or maybe GPS) for Roamio. I'll now be able to know wherefore art it.

That was my issue, UCLABB - not knowing which channel was going to try to entertain me when I hit the Live TV button.

I know, it's a round-robin and eventually I'll get to where I want.

8. Aug 1, 2017 #8 of 10
    Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If you press the live TV button again it will cycle through the tuners. So you can see if any are tuned to a channel you want to watch. You can also just pull up the guide and pick a channel you want, or enter it on the remote by number. If the tuner you have selected is busy the TiVo will automatically switch to another one before changing the channel.

9. Aug 1, 2017 #9 of 10
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Pressing the Live TV button while on Live TV will change tuners, instead just press the Channel Up or Down to change channels. You cannot make all the tuners to the same channel on purpose.

If you press Info button, it will show you what's on when its on Live TV, then if you press down, it will show you what's on the other tuners.

Adding: Are you sure you have a Roamio Pro? It has 6 tuners, and digital cable only. If you look in System Information, what is the 1st 3 numbers for Tivo Service Number?

kpeters59 likes this.
  10. ClearToLand

ClearToLand Old !*#$% Tinkerer!

Jul 9, 2001
    Central Jersey
    If you're watching Live TV on a DVR/PVR (and it's not during a National Emergency or an election), you're not doing it right. :D

rgrounds likes this.