TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

Newbie Help

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  michael new 
#1 ·
Ive recently set up my channel guide properly and all the channels display except 63 MTV . Ive also tried adding it manually but it still doesnt work displaying the Tivo cannot display Live TV and lists some reasons why, even after doing this it wont work.

Any response would be great

By the way I live in Pacific Northwest,extended basic no box

#3 ·
michael new said:
Ive recently set up my channel guide properly and all the channels display except 63 MTV . Ive also tried adding it manually but it still doesnt work displaying the Tivo cannot display Live TV and lists some reasons why, even after doing this it wont work.

Any response would be great

By the way I live in Pacific Northwest,extended basic no box
Similar problem here when I first set up my TiVo.

Different channel, VH1.

'Cannot display live TV', and yet my VCR and television, receiving feeds from the same source, were getting everything fine.

The TiVo couldn't get that one channel.

People have told me here that the TiVo tuners are a bit sensitive, and require a stronger signal than a TV's or VCR's tuners would.

Just the other day I happened to go by VH1 while channel changing using the up and down button.

It was coming in just fine.

If you really need to get a channel that the TiVo says it can't display (and yet you know it's there), you might need to get a cable amp.

I'd suggest a splitter/amp combo, likely placed outside the house or where your signal begins to split.

You can find a good brand used by cable companies, "Electroline", on eBay, or at www.dropamp.com .

I don't know how the prices will compare with each other.

#4 ·
Thanks for the advice however my system is already on a booster.

I belive I resolved the issue though, after several forced connections to get my network working properly it now plays all the channels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.