Newbie Help

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by michael new, Jan 12, 2006.

1. michael new

michael new New Member

Jan 12, 2006

Advertisements

Ive recently set up my channel guide properly and all the channels display except 63 MTV . Ive also tried adding it manually but it still doesnt work displaying the Tivo cannot display Live TV and lists some reasons why, even after doing this it wont work.

Any response would be great

By the way I live in Pacific Northwest,extended basic no box

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    You can always rerun guided setup just to make sure "everything" is normal.

3. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Similar problem here when I first set up my TiVo.

Different channel, VH1.

'Cannot display live TV', and yet my VCR and television, receiving feeds from the same source, were getting everything fine.

The TiVo couldn't get that one channel.

People have told me here that the TiVo tuners are a bit sensitive, and require a stronger signal than a TV's or VCR's tuners would.

Just the other day I happened to go by VH1 while channel changing using the up and down button.

It was coming in just fine.

If you really need to get a channel that the TiVo says it can't display (and yet you know it's there), you might need to get a cable amp.

I'd suggest a splitter/amp combo, likely placed outside the house or where your signal begins to split.

You can find a good brand used by cable companies, "Electroline", on eBay, or at www.dropamp.com .

I don't know how the prices will compare with each other.

4. michael new

michael new New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Thanks for the advice however my system is already on a booster.

I belive I resolved the issue though, after several forced connections to get my network working properly it now plays all the channels.

5. michael new

michael new New Member

Jan 12, 2006

Advertisements

Ive actually rerun setup on both machines and now get the channel on one machine but not the other?