New version of HME SDK

Discussion in 'Developers Corner' started by s2kdave, Oct 4, 2007.

1. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    I noticed today that they released an experimental zip including resolution change support to HME. Reading the comment, it looks like they also probably screwed up the api by adding synchronization everywhere to try and prevent the developer from sloppy coding. At least they realize we're still using HME and plan to update it. Now I guess I don't have to continue my hme-hd library I made for HD resolutions. Well, once they release a non experimental version of course.

http://tivohme.sourceforge.net/

2. PlayTeeVee

PlayTeeVee New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Goodie! - Wonder when the stable / final release will be out. All in all, good news!

-T

3. davew723

davew723 New Member

Sep 28, 2006
    I sure wish they would have added some experimental video streaming support.

4. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah, me too. Or at least a trigger to upload a video to your Now Playing list from an HME app without having to jump through the hoop of making the user browse to it through now playing to download it.

5. PlayTeeVee

PlayTeeVee New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Custom sounds would be nice :)

6. s2kdave

s2kdave New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm pretty sure that's a fix on the tivo side, but yeah, those would be nice too.

7. adx

adx New Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Has anyone gotten this to work? I can't even run the samples. I get a connection denied to the mDNS server.

8. PlayTeeVee

PlayTeeVee New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Custom sound don't work at the moment. TiVo's looking into it is the last thing I heard. I don't think it's high on their list of things to do though :(

-PTV