New user needs guidance

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Davidmorsecode, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Davidmorsecode

Davidmorsecode New Member

Oct 27, 2019

Advertisements

As a recent user to this forum and the Tivo community, I have some questions.
    First, my equipment line up:
    I have a Bolt OTA, a single 100ft cable (cimple co SCC) between my amplifier and my box, and a Leaf50 (with it's original amp which is a 5vDC 150ma), and a 6ft cable between the antenna and amp.

1. What is the maximum input voltage and amperage that I can use as an amplifier going to the Tivo?
    2. Can I use an old directv SWM ODU amp that pushes 21vDC @1.2a max to boost the signal instead of the original leaf amp?
    3. What would be a better option in amplifier (i.e. recommended) given those specifications?

Attached Files:

2. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    You need a bigger antenna, not a bigger amp.

kpeters59 likes this.
  3. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    If you insist on using a garbage antenna, it is unlikely that you will ever have decent reception unless you are in a very strong signal area.

4. Davidmorsecode

Davidmorsecode New Member

Oct 27, 2019
    A larger antenna array such as any DB8e design on an external 30' pole or building mount would be preferable however my apartment manager disallows that option.
    The question is not the antenna, it was the maximum amplifier voltage and amperage for the tivo.