New Update for iOS app is out

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by UCLABB, May 22, 2015.

1. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA

Advertisements

will this solve the todo list refresh while scrolling through it? So far so good, no annoying refresh... Yet.

2. b-ball-fanatic

b-ball-fanatic Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Northwest
    Mine seems to update on a fairly regular (and frequent) basis.....I never see much difference.

3. hooper

hooper Member

Sep 22, 2007
    My screen powers down during downloads still. It didn't use to do that. Anyone else see this?

4. ort

ort Member

Jan 5, 2004
    ...and still not optimized for the iPhone 6.

I think this is the only app I use that isn't a 5 year old game that still hasn't been updated. Pretty sad.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale

Advertisements

When does it refresh? Randomly? I see it refresh once in a while, but *sometimes* (nowhere near always) it's actually when you hit a new show starting to record (i.e. the to do list changing).

I just with the 0x10003 and 0x10005 errors while downloading would be fixed.. basically, downloading is very very very broken.. (the same thing happens while streaming, you just get an even worse experience then)

6. hooper

hooper Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Does anybody bother reporting these issues?

I mean the app was basically delivered in developer / debug mode for like half a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thos19

Thos19 Member

Dec 31, 2002
    Rockland, MA
    I wish they'd figure out why the player no longer remembers where you left off on a given TV show. Two updates ago it started going right back to the beginning of a given show everytime for me.

8. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    mine was not offered an update

9. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    It's a little better these days, but when it was bad, it was impossible to simply scroll the list, not even doing any deletions. And no, this happens when no changes are being made, e.g. A program starting or ending.

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I have been talking to someone at Tivo about the 0x10003 and 0x10005 errors I'm plagued with, and mentioned this problem too.

I think it sucks that they can't just whip out an update (FB and a bunch of other apps update every week or two), but at least the pause problem hopefully will be fixed _relatively_ soon.

11. ShoutingMan

ShoutingMan Member

Jan 6, 2008
    What's going on with the TiVo app and transfers? Things were working very well recently. I could download highest quality shows without problem. Now, it's broken worse than it ever was a year ago.

12. NYHeel

NYHeel Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2003
    I don't know what's with the app but they still haven't fixed the really bad video quality streaming in home on an iPhone 6 or 6 plus. You can only get 480x270 resolution. There's a trick that will get you up to 960x540 if you exit the app and then go right back in. Margaret confirmed it was a bug on Twitter but still no fix.