New to tivo, need help with bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by cmtd, Apr 9, 2016.

1. cmtd

cmtd New Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Hello,

I recently ditched my charter box and bought a Bolt.

The setup right now is cable, into tuning adapter (Motorola MTR700), into bolt, HDMI to TV.

My tv is not 4k, simply 1080p. A Samsung LN52A650A1FXZA

I have all the appropriate channels showing up on my guide, and my netflix video works appropriately.

However, I have no sound from anything, including netflix, also all of my TV channels do not show video, instead I get "HDMI connection not permitted", a HDCP error.

I have never had an issue connecting an HDMI device before (ie blue-ray, roku)

Tivo tech support says it's a problem with the TV and HDCP "call samsung", Samsung tech support says its a Tivo problem "call tivo".

I've reset everything multiple times, changed HDMI cables, took the tuning adapter in and out of the signal, and nothing changes.

Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot New Member

Jan 7, 2016
    No idea if it will make a difference, but is the audio set to PCM or DD?

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Have you tried a different HDMI port on the TV? Also, I thought it was recommended to use a splitter in front of a TA and running one cable to the TA and one to the TiVo (and not running the cable signal through the TA to the TiVo).

What output resolutions do you have checked on the Bolt? If you have multiple checked try just setting it to 1080p or 1080i.

Scott

4. cmtd

cmtd New Member

Apr 9, 2016
    I tried both audio settings, no change.

I also had tried all 4 HDMI ports on the Samsung, and tried a different TV with the same results. Tried multiple different resolutions with no success.

After a lengthy discussion with Tivo support today, they determined that the HDMI port on the Bolt was bad. So I returned the box and got a new one. Went through the setup and it works perfectly fine.

Thanks for the troubleshooting advice, glad to be up and running now.

5. measel

measel New Member

Dec 17, 2015
    I'm almost tired of posting this, but maybe, maybe TIVO will start working on a fix. Until they do, this is what you need:
    1) Put the bolt in standby
    2) Turn off the TV, wait at least 30 seconds
    3) Turn on the TV and wait until it says no signal, or no input
    4) Turn on the Bolt and enjoy, because everything else about it is great !!