New to me roamio Pt 2

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by nt40lanman, Feb 3, 2020.

1. nt40lanman

nt40lanman Member

Feb 2, 2012

Advertisements

Thanks for all the help getting my questions answered in my first thread.

I got MOCA working through my cable modem. I had cablecard trouble with comcast and had to straighten that out. Take a lesson, check your receipt to see what they removed from your account before you leave the store. Then had more network issues but reboots straightened that out. Now I'm running both Tivos and one of my minis.

My new round of questions would be about PyTivo and transferring. I guess I'll have to use PyTivo to download the shows from my HD, then use my Roamio to pull them in one at a time, or leave them on PyTivo. Can I move thumbs up/down data to the new Roamio? The HD records suggestions really well and I'd like that to just happen on the Roamio. Also, is there a way to get recordings out of the HD to PyTivo any faster? They're both on Ethernet already.

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    kmttg can be used to save and then copy back thumbs data, as well as the channels list and season passes.

When using pyTivo (I use pyTivo Desktop) to transfer shows, shows can be queued up for transfer, although it is best not to do too many at a time. I found that 15-20 at a time was safe.