New to me Roamio Pro

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by tommiet, Feb 17, 2021.

1. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005

Advertisements

Getting a lifetime Roamio Pro for cheap and wanted to know if it will play nice with my TivVo mini VOX boxes that are connected to my Bolt right now.

Also... And no rocks please, was told its running TE4 (will get TE4 if not) and I want to add a VOX remote. Do I need anything else? Will I need a dongle to make the VOX remote happy?

Thanks!!!!

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You will need a dongle for the voice remote.

tommiet likes this.
  3. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Thanks... Hope to get the DVR next week. A friend was at an estate sale and purchased an electronic package that had the DVR in it. He called me and asked me if I wanted it for $50.00 and I said yes.

The original owner passed away, but the auction company had the original proof of purchase that shows the all-in price. Hope I can get it authorized without the original owners help. If not, it will go to eBay.

4. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    So using mini VOX boxes with a Roamio is ok?

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

They both have to be running the same software and TE4 for voice. It's been a while, but last year my Mini VOX on TE3 was ok.

tommiet likes this.
  6. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Thanks Joe... Shows the following version installed on the Roamio. I'm guessing it's TE4. Will pick it up next week or so. My Bolt is good for about 6 more months, so no rush.

upload_2021-2-18_10-15-45.png

NEXT... I want to change out the hard drive as its 5 years old. It seems to be working ok, but just want to be sure and I will save the original drive. Will look at the recommended drives and get one.

7. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Update: Got the Roamio added to my account by showing proof of purchase. Email support was useless, but a chat took care of it asap.

Also, new hard drive (WD30PURZ,) fan and cable card on the way.

Will end up using my Bolt as a backup device as they sell for about $10.00-$20.00 at my local GW.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    PSU_Sudzi likes this.