New to Edge

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by Janice Langbehn, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Janice Langbehn

Janice Langbehn New Member

Jan 29, 2021

Advertisements

Hi folks, after having Roamio's for years. I was without TV for 4 years while in law school. So I just bought the new Edge... the 4 K is awesome. But a few things have changed. I used to have a roamio on two different TVs in my house without and issue.

So now I have the new Edge on my living room tv ethernet connected. I want record my programs, watch them in bedroom. So there is this mini lux (I have never used a mini). But it appears the only way to do these mini's is moca which my apartment complex Xfinity may not support - I don't know.

So can I just buy a second Edge, connect it wireless (the cost and monthly fee is of no concern). I just want the best quality pic and no slowing between my two tivos.

Tell me the best way to do this. I do not have anyway to run the second tivo with an ethernet. My apartment does not have ethernet connection in each room.

Am I forgetting anything?

Thx

2. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    I’m pretty sure MoCa or Ethernet is your only option to stream. Wireless doesn’t have the bandwidth.

3. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Wireless is doable to connect a Mini Lux to your Edge. You can use the officially supported WiFi adapter from TiVo:

TiVo WiFi 5 USB Adapter

or try another WiFi bridge, which won’t be officially supported, but may work as some here have posted having success.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    When using a wireless adapter with a Mini, it connects to your router. A 10 year old router could be an issue. But given a TiVo wifi 5 and reasonable environment there should be no problems.

5. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT

Advertisements

Price is no object? Get another Edge and live like a king!

6. SilentTuba

SilentTuba New Member

Dec 17, 2020
    No need for moca, if you can get ethernet to where the mini is.