New Tivo UI

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by MediaWiz, Apr 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MediaWiz

MediaWiz New Member

Feb 10, 2017

Advertisements

First… I'm surprised there isn't a global forum thread to discuss the new Tivo UI.

Things the new UI is (or seams to be) missing:
    - "What's on now" (on broadcast TV)
    The "what to watch" doesn't separate out broadcast from streaming.
    - "What's on next/later" (on broadcast TV)
    This would be helpful so I can flag what I want my Tivo to record
    - A TV Guide (vertical) listing for just a specific channel
    - A way to set preferences for suggested programs (ie: I dondo like sports, kids shows, reality tv, ...)

All of that being said, the new UI is not bad. In soms ways it's more useful than the old UI. I like the fact that you put more rows of TV channels in the channel guide (though I wish you had added more columns for time slots as well).

I do think the UI is overly simplistic. You should have tried to make it more polished/perfessional looking (ie: rounded corners, beveled edges/frames, more of a 3D look, … ).

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

the ui/hydra is not new it's been out for awhile, but it keeps getting updates

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Cross posting is not cool.

buildersboy66 and dianebrat like this.
  4. May 5, 2018 #4 of 14
    Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018
    Dish Network fits 3 hours of programming in their guide and 7 lines. I think Dish has the best programmers for a DVR. My community switched from Dish to Spectrum so I'm stuck with Spectrum... so I got TiVo. But other than the more powerful wishlists than Dish's DISH PASS, Dish has many more superior features than Tivo.

5. eguiney

eguiney New Member

Mar 21, 2014

Advertisements

It may have been out for a while, but my box just updated to it and I think it is awful. I hate it but seems to downgrade causes a loss of everything.

6. marcv

marcv Member

Dec 1, 2015
    I immediately regret updating my tivo. Did it because i wanted Alexa integration. That deosnt even work. Says problem linking devices. The Ui is horrible. A huge step back from what made tivo great. Ugly and non user friendly. I’d give anything to be able to roll this update back. For me my tivo is not even as good as X1 from comcast.

Been loyal tivo user since first version. Have owned over a dozen. I have 8 in my house now. Wont uodate the others but my most used tivo in bedroom is worthless to me now.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Why not transfer the programs to a different TiVo then downgrade? Are the programs protected?

8. marcv

marcv Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Bedroom TiVo is four tuner. My six other ones I could use are two tuner. Family room is six but that is secoNd most used one and not worth swapping.

9. Megamind

Megamind I'm Feeling Blue

Feb 18, 2013
    Alpha Centauri
    The worst part of that is that Hydra isn't needed for Alexa integration.

10. marcv

marcv Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Wow. Did not know that. Their email made it sound like you had to update to get Alexa. Ultimately it still does not even work after the update! On Tivo go to Alexa app and says having problem linking. Tried all morning same thing. Dead end. No alexa.

11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I never said swap. I suggested that you copy the programs to a different TiVo, then downgrade the evil TiVo back to what you like. Then copy the programs back.

12. marcv

marcv Member

Dec 1, 2015

Oh. Have to look to see how to do that. When updating it said it was not reversible once updated. I did not realize there was a downgrade path possible

13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  14. larry121

larry121 New Member

May 16, 2018
    I think the user interface should be simple but should focus on 3Dlook. In addition to the problem with the avatar is that you require the image is too low configuration, actually it a little annoying, I did not choose the appropriate image in my laptop.