New Tivo UI

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by MediaWiz, Apr 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. MediaWiz

MediaWiz New Member

Feb 10, 2017

Advertisements

First… imI surprised there isisn a global forum thread to discdis the new Tivo UI.

Things the new UI is (or seams to be) missing:
    - "What's on now" (on broadcast TV)
    The "what to watch" doesn't separate out broadcast from streaming.
    - "What's on next/later" (on broadcast TV)
    This would be helpful so I can flag what I want my Tivo to record
    - A TV Guide (vertical) listing for just a specific channel
    - A way to set preferences for suggested programs (ie: I dondo like sports, kids shows, reality tv, ...)

All of that being said, the new UI is not bad. In soms wayw it's momo useful than the old UI. I lkke the fact that you put more rows of TV channels in the channel guide (though I wish you had added more columns for time slots as well).

I do think the UI is overly simplistic. You should have tried to make it more polished/perfessional looking

2. aristoBrat

aristoBrat Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Va Beach, VA
  3. gigaquad

gigaquad Tivo Image Master

Oct 25, 2004
    Stop typing with your nose, it makes it difficult to understand you.

About the new UI, it's like it was cobbled together by monkeys with almost zero thought to how a Tivo is used. There are multiple threads on the new Hydra interface. Just search "Hydra".

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Sorry but there is no need for ANOTHER "things I don't like about Hydra" thread. please PLEASE just participate in one of the other bazillion existing threads where all of this is covered again and again, and again.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

too late -> New Tivo UI

dianebrat likes this.
  6. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Huh?

7. aristoBrat

aristoBrat Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Va Beach, VA
    The OP started a duplicate of this thread in the TiVo Suggestion forum here... :)

JoeKustra likes this.
  8. tenthplanet

tenthplanet Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Thread duplication ? :confused: Penalty Box ! :eek:

rdrrepair, stile99 and aristoBrat like this.
  9. stile99

stile99 Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2002
    And that's not the penalty box from hockey, either. It's Q's penalty box from Star Trek The Next Generation.

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Funny thing is, to me, not having this is one of the few POSITIVE things I infer about the new UI (not having used it extensively). I'm mostly joking about that.... but.. not joking.. I have a Tivo.. I don't need to know what is on LIVE right now, since I have far more than I can watch already recorded, and/or I can already look in the guide to find other things...

Just show me the list of things I have recorded.. and I have long used an autorecording wishlist for "(pilot or premiere) -SEASON" to catch MOST new show premieres.