New Tivo, needs activation

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by MASONCOOL, Sep 27, 2019.

1. MASONCOOL

MASONCOOL New Member

Mar 28, 2014
    I have a Tivo Premiere that's New and I never activated. So I was wondering, is there an Activation fee in addition to the monthly service charge? What are my chances of getting a deal on a Lifetime service if I called, or are they not doing deals on Lifetime anymore??

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    No activation fee just the charges for whichever service you pick. If you've never activated it, I would be surprised if they gave you a deal on Lifetime/All-in service but ask and let us know if you are successful.

Scott

3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    There was a recent tale of a Premiere being activated and then after 1 month they decided to not continue. When they called TiVo to cancel, they were offered $99 All-In.

-KP

4. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    Your best bet for scoring a $99 lifetime deal on it is to activate it on a monthly plan then after several weeks call in to cancel and see if they offer it to you.

5. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    And the best part of that ploy is that if you cancel that monthly service before 30 days, you get a full refund if they won't offer you a good lifetime deal.

When you call to cancel, just tell them the box is too old and slow to be worth continuing to pay a monthly fee. If they don't jump on that, you have nothing to lose by asking them if they can cut you a deal on cheaper service.

chiguy50 likes this.