New TiVo HD Problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by audio, Nov 17, 2007.

1. audio

audio New Member

Feb 11, 2006

Advertisements

Just got a new TiVo HD and took advantage of the lifetime service.

However, I am having a problem that I am hoping some one out there can help to resolve.

I am now having problems with TiVoToGo. I wanted to see how long an hour long HD program takes to download. I chose an hour long show that was roughly 5GB. The show appeared to begin to download but stopped after 16KB. I deleted the partial episode and tried to cancel the transfer but I can't access any of the settings in TTG. All the options are frozen and the TTG is non-responsive. When I check the folder, it appears to be attempting to transfer again but, again, stops after 16KB.

Does this have something to do with the software (I have version 8.1.7).

I have now deleted the program from the TiVo HD but this appears to have made the problem worse. Now TTG will not even open.

Please help me slay this beast.

2. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    I would wait until you get the 9.x software, as that was the platform under which TiVo intended to support TiVoToGo and MRV.

You should have the 9.2 software within a few days.

3. d_anders

d_anders Sr Legacy Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Twin Cities...
    You can also try to force updates, etc. to get the latest software version availabily...and oh yes, you really need to be on 9.2 for TTG and MRV to work its best...TiVo did a lot of incremental updating this Fall rather than waiting until all of the Fall Release code was done....so there are subtle fixes between 9.0 and 9.2...9.2 is the most stable so far.

4. audio

audio New Member

Feb 11, 2006
    Thanks for your help.

I have the new software but I am now having a new problem.

TTG takes FOREVER to open. This is something that is new since I got the TiVo HD. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

5. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area

Advertisements

It goes pretty slow the first time you download a list of recordings from the TiVo. It should work faster after that. On average, it takes 10-15 seconds for the list of recordings to display with Tivo Desktop for me.

Make sure you are using the latest version of Tivo Desktop, i.e. 2.5.1. Some third-party antivirus and firewall programs -- which scan http traffic -- are also known to slow responsiveness.