1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New TiVo Bolt??!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Louis A Murphy, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Louis A Murphy

Louis A Murphy New Member

Aug 8, 2018
    I recently bought a new
    TiVo BOLT VOX 3TB, DVR & Streaming Media Player, 4K UHD, Now with Voice Control! from Amazon, When I got it I immediately set it up to replace my old Tivo. When I went to activate it I found out that it was already activated in someone else's name with a past due amount due. On my TV whenever I switched channel it was come up with a message "account canceled". I thought,"What the Hell?". I called Tivo and was told it was activated in someone else's name and a past due amount was owed. The person I walked to said needed to get a hold of Amazon. I looked for a phone number at their site. Did not find one so I just opted to pack it up and return it.

2. Resist

Resist Active Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Was the Bolt sold from Amazon (and a third party), or just shipped by Amazon? But Amazon's help section gives you the option to call them or chat with them.

3. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Or, Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Does the cardboard box TSN match the TiVo tag TSN? Amazon 3rd party resale. Contact Amazon.

4. Louis A Murphy

Aug 8, 2018
    Sold and shipped by Amazon

5. Louis A Murphy

Aug 8, 2018
    I didn't notice and yes third party sale.

6. Resist

Resist Active Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I'm confused, was is sold and shipped by Amazon or a third party sale on Amazon? If it was a third party sale then that explains it.