New Series 3 TivoToGo feature released?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by PetiePal, Oct 30, 2007.

1. PetiePal

PetiePal New Member

Apr 17, 2007

Advertisements

So I turned on my tv today to find a Tivo message waiting:

New Service Features!
    -Multi-room viewing (Transfer shows from Series 3, Tivo HD and Series 2 between one another)
    -TivoTogo for Series 3 and HD Tivos.

Anyone find the download yet for the software for PCs?

2. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
  3. George Cifranci

George Cifranci TiVo Bolt 500GB - TE4 UI

Jan 30, 2003
    Columbus,...
    Yes we have been discussing this since last week. You can get the Tivo Desktop Software here...

http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/domore/tivotogo/index.html

Can you do me a favor and check to see what version of the Tivo software you are running? it is located under the System Information screen...

From TiVo Central, select Messages & Setup; then Account & System Information; then System Information

I am curious if you are running 9.2 or 9.2.J1

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Looks like the message is appearing as part of the standard daily connections. I still have J1 and also got the message following a net connect.

5. Chimpware

Chimpware New Member

Jan 30, 2002

Advertisements

No way really? :eek:

6. PSUMattDE

PSUMattDE New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Wilmington, DE
    George-
    I have 9.2J1 and randomly checked my account status today via the Tivo - one, the naming of the Tivo is now showing!!!!! and then I noticed a,a,a listed instead of i,i,i - I was like huh?? Then, there was now a choice for a Media Access Key via the menus as well. Not sure when all this happened.

7. kcl

kcl New Member TCF Club

Jul 4, 2000
    Davis, CA
    FWIW, I have 2 Series 3 Tivos and I noticed that one of them got this upgrade today (10/30/07), and is now at version 9.2.J1. (The other Tivo is still on 9.1.)

8. Joybob

Joybob New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Man, I also got a random crazy message but I already had 9.2.j1?

9. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    If you are new to Tivo, you'll find that they periodically send messages about features to all customers. This happens independent of software updates.

10. Ambival

Ambival New Member

Sep 5, 2007
    Exciting, isn't it? Now I just have to figure out why it's taking 6 hours to transfer a 30 min. standard def show. ;)

11. TimZ

TimZ New Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Seattle
    I came back from a week long vacation on Sunday to find my Tivo 3 was showing my other Tivo's! Wohoo!

Ironically, I didn't have a message.

-Tim

12. cokyq

cokyq New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Dallas/Fort...
    I have Toast 8.0 on my mac G5, but TiVO transfer application does not see my S3. I checked the MAK and its good. Anything else I need to set for it to work? I have no problems using TivoDesktop on the PC.

13. sriggins

sriggins New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Toast 8 found my s3. Man, 1 hour HD, 5 hours over 802.11N :)

14. Chimpware

Chimpware New Member

Jan 30, 2002

See other discussions on this, but it appears a reboot of the Tivo somehow fixes a Bonjour issue that allows TT software (and your Mac) to see the Tivo. Worked for me, try it.

15. savingpvtbryan

savingpvtbryan New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Can you transfer videos with 9.2? I want to stream video files from my computer to my Tivo.

16. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Same here, I already had it too. I guess they were just late telling me. :)

17. mvnuenen

mvnuenen ~0.0~

Jun 1, 2007
    Durham, NC
    I know you were joking so I can't tell if you know this, but as long as the Tivo wireless adapter is G, your transfer is going to be G (even with a N router)...

18. Chimpware

Chimpware New Member

Jan 30, 2002

Assuming he meant his setup up was all wireless. In my case my Imac is wireless and my Tivo is hardwired to the router.

19. Chimpware

Chimpware New Member

Jan 30, 2002
    Yes, depends on format and what you use to transfer however. Let the questions begin...

20. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    The wireless signal from his Tivo must be pretty weak if he is seeing such low throughput on the Series3.

The Tivo Series3 will transfer files to your computer at 12-15 Mbps -- one hour of HD in 35 minutes to 90 minutes -- depending on whether you are watching SD or HD channels. His post suggests that he is seeing closer to 4Mbps, which would be a wireless signal issue.