New Roamio, V53 Cablecard Issues (FIOS)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by VMG, Dec 28, 2017.

1. VMG

VMG New Member

Dec 28, 2017

Advertisements

I received a brand new Roamio, but after getting a cablecard from Verizon, I'm not getting any picture and see a V53 error on all channels. I can see the Tivo home screen and when I go to Settings>Network Settings I see Tivo Service Connection has succeeded. All of the channels are showing a signal strength of 90 and, going into diagnostics, I see a "Signal Lock: Yes". The SNR listing for the channels is in the 35-36dB range.

Looking at the CableCard settings (Verizon provided a Motorola card) "Conditional Access" menu, I see "Con: Yes" and "Val: V", but do not see anything for Auth or CCI. In the "Network Setup" menu, VCTID is 11 and the OOB Msgs increments when I refresh.

When I go to the Settings>Cablecard>Cablecard>Test Channels, I only see a blank screen (though the channels are correctly labeled). If I remove the Tivo and plug directly into the TV, I can see all the unencrypted channels fine.

I talked to Verizon tech support who sent out a new cablecard with the same behavior.

The strangest part is that when Verizon sends out an activation signal, it works for about 10 seconds (full picture, able to change channels) before going back to a non-functional state. The tech I was working with was also able to send a signal to display the CableCard Network settings. Verizon doesn't require a tuning adapter.

I'm running out of ideas to try. I've had Verizon re-authorize the cablecard a number of times. I've reset the device and gone back through guided setup a few times as well. I'd be very grateful for any suggestions or other troubleshooting ideas.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I vote for a bad Roamio. You have done everything I can think of to troubleshoot the problem. Everything you posted shows you have an above average knowledge level of how its supposed to work. Only guess would be an incorrect VCT due to the wrong headend. Not very likely, and it shouldn't affect every channel.

I could be wrong, but what's to lose?

3. VMG

VMG New Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Yeah, it could be a bad Roamio. There were two things that gave me pause in concluding that. I pulled out an old antenna and re-ran the setup process and it worked correctly with the OTA channels. The other part is the briefly working when Verizon re-provisions the service. I'm wondering if there's an issue on the Verizon end that's really the problem.