New Roamio multi-room issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ccoulson, Mar 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ccoulson

ccoulson Member

May 24, 2003

Advertisements

Hi. My Roamio has started having multi room issues this week that seem a bit different from the other MoCA issues I have seen. My setup is as follows:

Roamio Plus running as MoCA client
    4 Tivo Minis running as MoCA clients
    Xfinity DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem serving MoCA

This setup has been working fine for years. 3 days ago, the Minis stopped connecting to the Roamio. The Minis can no longer play live tv (error V113). They can see programs stored on the Roamio but there is no Watch button. The Minis have internet access as they can use streaming apps and can connect to the Tivo Service fine. Running the network tests on the Minis shows no problem. The Roamio is acting completely normal aside from not properly serving the minis. The Xfinity DOCSIS 3.0 modem shows all 5 Tivo devices on its MoCA network. Internet access from other devices is fine.

I tried disabling and connected via ethernet but then the minis still report the V113 error. No change when switching back to MoCA.

I have gone through the other suggested remedies like powering everything down and back up (modem, Roamio, Minis).

I have checked my Tivo account and the service is current and active the Roamio is set up for Video sharing. The *only* recent change has been updating my credit card when my monthly payment failed but service was never affected.

Ideas before I spend an eternity on hold with Tivo support? Thanks!

lyee and krkaufman like this.
  2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    ccoulson likes this.
  3. ccoulson

ccoulson Member

May 24, 2003
    Thanks for linking these. Btw, I found your other posts on this topic helpful but didn’t help unfortunately.

4. jtonra

jtonra Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Wilmington,M...
    I posted an update on the other thread.

krkaufman likes this.
  5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003

Advertisements

Thanks. Yeah, you'd have been subjected to untold words and posts, time allowing, had I thought it was a simple networking issue. ;) (It *may* turn out to be, but an account or TiVo backend/server issue seems most likely.)

edit: p.s. Good initial post. (Provided enough detail on attempted troubleshooting that it was apparent you'd already tried the "usual suspects.")

6. ccoulson

ccoulson Member

May 24, 2003
    Update: I spoke to Tivo support and was able to "short circuit" all of the rudimentary diagnostic hoops by immediately mentioning the V113 error and outlining the steps I have already taken. The agent checked the group settings on my Roamio and confirmed that some were missing. The case has been escalated to another group that needs 2-3 days to update these settings. I asked how these group settings got erased and was told there is some combination of specific Roamio hardware versions and a software update that was pushed this week.

krkaufman likes this.
  7. jtonra

jtonra Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Wilmington,M...
    Sounds similar to my issue. Assuming it is the same or similar the 2-3 days turned out to be about an hour. I forced a connection and the issue went away.

krkaufman likes this.
  8. ccoulson

ccoulson Member

May 24, 2003
    Sounds very similar but my MAK address was intact.