1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New remote won't work

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ap14, Aug 9, 2017.

1. ap14

ap14 New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    We decided to purchase a tivo glo remote for our THR22 a few days ago since it glows in the dark and is obviously a lot easier to see late at night. When I researched it online, multiple sources said that it was compatible with our box. It arrived this afternoon and I cannot get this thing to work. I've read the numerous threads/tutorials where you change the number in system settings, but I have had no luck.

I would imagine this would be just like programming a replacement remote, but I could be very wrong. I'm hoping we can get this to work because the remote is awesome (plus, I really don't want to go through the hassle of sending it back ;)).

I know the THR22 is not the best of tivo boxes, but at least it's something. Love my directv, but I hate that there haven't been any new options since 2012

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA