New Proscan old TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ricklevine, Aug 26, 2007.

1. ricklevine

ricklevine New Member

Aug 19, 2007

Advertisements

I just bought a new Proscan model 19LA25Q LCD TV for my home office and hooked it up to my Series 1 TiVo and before you ask why keep the TiVo, it has a life time subscription so I don't want to replace it. The problem I'm having is trying to find the code for the TiVo remote. I've tried the Proscan, RCA and a few others but no luck. Does anyone have the code for the remote? It's a Philips Tivo and remote.

2. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    The TV might well be using a set of remote codes the TiVo remote doesn't know.

It IS a new set, and the TiVo is pretty old.

3. ricklevine

ricklevine New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    gastrof,

You may be right. I just went through the alternate code search using 0999 and hitting the channel up button until it turned off and still didn't find the code. I'm hoping a programmable remote might be the answer.

4. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    A TiVo glo remote would work, and would probably have the codes for that TV.

5. ricklevine

ricklevine New Member

Aug 19, 2007

Advertisements

I just ordered the remote from Weaknees. Hopefully it'll work. I'll report back one way or the other when I get it.

6. ricklevine

ricklevine New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I just got the new remote and it works! The only button that I can't program is the Aspect button which changes the screen from wide screen to normal and others, a button I rarely would use anyway. Thanks for the suggestion.