New pricing $14.95 ?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by randy1649, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Jun 9, 2011 #1 of 14
    randy1649

randy1649 Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I see on the website TIVO premiere crossed out the $19.95 fee and added a $14.95 monthly fee with 1 year commit. Is this a new pricing for new buyers?
    I suspect that pricing will not apply to current owners. But after your 1 year, if you threatened to cancel service, I'd bet they would offer you the $14.95 pricing (or lower).
    I wonder if these deals run together, that is the $14.95 "and" the fathers day sale with zero down "and" new activations get 6 months of free hulu-plus.
    If so... now would be a good time to jump in for new purchases. Or not?

2. Jun 9, 2011 #2 of 14
    dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Do you already have a Tivo subscription and an account at tivo.com? Are you using a computer where you are logged on to your Tivo account?

If so, I think it is just displaying the MSD rates you qualify for. If you log out, it will probably show the $19.95/mo rate.

3. Jun 9, 2011 #3 of 14
    randy1649

randy1649 Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Yeah your right. When logged in I see the discount rate (I have 2 premieres) and also $100 off the original $499 lifetime. When not signed in, no promo offers. I guess I'll have to call and see why it probably doesn't apply in my case. lol

4. Jun 9, 2011 #4 of 14
    dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I think you may be missing the point. There is no promo, that I am aware of. Those lower rates, monthly and lifetime, are available for those that already have Tivo subscriptions. They are not available for those without Tivo subscription plans/accounts.

5. Jun 9, 2011 #5 of 14
    randy1649

randy1649 Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I still suspect the new prices would apply if I activated a third tivo, not on my current tivo units that are within their first year @ 19.95.

6. Jun 9, 2011 #6 of 14
    orangeboy

orangeboy yes, I AM orangeboy!

Apr 19, 2004
    East Moline, IL
    Right above the discounted pricing should be box with "Congratulations! You qualify for TiVo's Multi-service discount (MSD)!"

7. Jun 9, 2011 #7 of 14
    atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Correct the MSD rate is only available at the time of a new activation. When you bought/activated the units you have, the MSD wasn't available at all on the sub $99 units.

However after one of your units is past it's one year contract you should call and see if you can get the MSD (if you tell them you are going to cancel it is what they will normally offer as a retention offer). Heck they might even do it now so I would call and find out.

Good Luck,

8. Jun 9, 2011 #8 of 14
    scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    It's not that difficult ot get MSD on an existing subscription when the commitment term ends and it has nothing to do with retention offers. The MSD rate is an option under 'Schedule a future plan' under 'My Account' at tivo.com. It requires a 1 year subscription as if it it were a new subscription.

9. Joey P

Joey P New Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Milwaukee, WI
    reported

10. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I assume you mean you reported a spam post by abcd733. That post is now gone, but your reply lingers. Everybody needs to be aware of the red triangle icon for reporting spam/abuse posts to TCF, but there's no need to tell the forum when you use it. If several people report the same abusive post, there's no harm in that.

11. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Just as there's no harm in someone posting that he reported a post so that others don't have to waste their time or that of the moderators.
    You're post is more disruptive than the one you're complaining about.

12. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    But isn't it better for spam to just disappear without leaving droppings in the thread? Or would you expect the moderators to clean up the "I reported it" posts?

As was yours, but I guess we've had a meta-discussion.

13. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Yes, it is better, but once someone does post "reported" it's too late and what's best (if you need to have what's best) becomes just letting that go without comment.

The difference being that while commenting on the content of your post, I never said or implied that your post wasn't necessary, only that the content was misguided.

14. Joey P

Joey P New Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Milwaukee, WI
    On most of the other VB boards I frequent it's common courtesy to mention that you've reported a post that way the mods don't get a dozen reports all pointing to the same post (at least in the case of spam). That's all I was doing. I quoted that little bit so when the post was deleted, as I assumed it would be, people would know what I was talking about instead of seeing a random 'reported' post in the middle of a thread since I assumed the mod wouldn't delete my post as well. Also, I did "snip" all the links out of the quote so they didn't remain.
    Of course, some of the other VB boards I frequent are considerably more active then this one. Typically by the time a poster reports a spammer, comes back and posts 'reported' there's already one or two other simulposts.