New premiere, questions.

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by DavidTigerFan, Jun 27, 2011.

1. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    Just got a new one with lifetime and I've noticed some differences from my S3 that I'm not sure I like. First, the 30 second skip is now like a super FF. Can I change that or do I have to get used to it?

Second, I'm getting used to the new UI, but if I'm playing a recorded show and hit the Tivo button, it will go to Tivo central and keep the show playing in the upper right. How do I get it to go back to fullscreen once I'm done in Tivo Central? I've only been able to get it back by selecting the program again from "my shows" and then pressing play. But that takes me back to the point where I was when I entered Tivo central, not as far as I got with it in the upper right.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    The Premiere default is a 30 second scan instead of skip.
    You can enable the 30 second skip. While playing back a peviously recorded show, on the remote hit, Select - Play - Select - 3 - 0 - Select.

If the TiVo restarts I believe it will revert back to the 30 second scan.

I used to use the 30 second skip all the time before getting the Premiere, and initially thought I would not like the 30 second scan. But after I used it for a while I found I like it better. Now I can't stand using the 30 second skip on a TiVo.

Hit the Zoom button. That will take you out of the menus and back to full screen.

3. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    Thanks!