new premiere lost all guide data..N33

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by newsposter, Dec 15, 2011.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    upon researching this machine before purchase, i was told that even if you lose internet. you will still have X days of data available until your eat it all up and your internet is restored. I have router issues and lose the internet frequently and this never happened in the past 2 months i've had this machine.

this morning every single piece of guide data was gone. my router did go down overnight but it goes down a lot and i never had everything disappear. strangely enough when i got it reconnected, it took a few minutes but it ALL reappeared, not like directv that took forever after you did a clear and delete. it's almost like it was 'hiding' or did it really d/l that fast?

is this a bad sign of things to come? i have no trouble losing my 13th day out if my dsl dies, but if i am not home and tonight stuff doesnt record thats unacceptable!

2. sbiller

sbiller Active Member

May 10, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    You probably just received the new software update (14.9.2.2). You'll just need to manually force a connection to the TiVO service and your guide data will be restored.

3. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    also forgot to say when i hit 30 sec skip the 30/60/90 etc thing at the bottom of the FF notification is 'off' ...the time left is off to the left of the window..not centered..just is strange...aesthetically not very nice

why doesnt it autoreboot like the directv boxes did? thankfully i have no money for tahiti vacations or id come home to no recordings :)

edit: just did it again N33..but thankfully all guide data still there..i guess N33 is a new code, never saw it the other 100 times dsl went down