New Premiere has recording quality options on SD channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Hoosier_1701, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hoosier_1701

Hoosier_1701 New Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Indianapolis
    On my old TiVo HD, as soon as the cable cards were setup, I no longer had recording quality options for the SD channels on Comcast. The new Premiere I setup today seems to have those options, and I'm wondering why. The cable card is configured and working as far as I can tell. I even repeated guided setup to see if that would make a difference, but I still have recording quality options. Why would I have these options on the Premiere when I didn't on the HD? It is seeing these channels as analog where the HD saw them as digital for some reason?

2. Krellion

Krellion ...

May 17, 2002
    Hampton, VA
    If the CableCARD is new, it may have not been set with channel mapping for the digital simulcast versions of the SD channels, so it's tuning the analog versions. Call Comcast and have them confirm that it's map is the same as your other CableCARD's map.

3. Hoosier_1701

Hoosier_1701 New Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Thanks. I actually moved the card from my old TiVo HD into the new Premiere. I did have to call Comcast to get it paired with the new box, but it is possible they did something odd when they set it up. I also noticed that the recording quality settings appear in the HDUI when I'm scheduling shows, but do not appear when I go into the Season Pass manager and it switches to the SDUI. I wonder if that means anything?