New Pixelation Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by rwuich, Dec 4, 2015.

1. rwuich

rwuich New Member

Dec 4, 2015

Advertisements

Hi everyone, I browsed the forums, but couldn't find anything that matched exactly what is happening to my situation.

My setup is a 60'' Samsung Smart TV, w/ Amazon Fire Stick, BD player, and TIVO Roamio OTA plugged in via HDMI (cheap). I have a Channelmaster ultratenna 60 on my roof, and I live about 40 miles from the Chicago towers. I also have a signal amplifier about 5 feet below the antenna, and a 4 way channelmaster splitter amp in my basement to help w/ decibel loss for the 3 splits (bedroom, living room, basement). I have RG6 all throughout. When connecting coax directly to all 3 TVs, I get excellent signal and zero pixelation.

CBS has always been the most difficult channel for me to get. I would sometimes get brief, but manageable pixelation and loss of signal through the TIVO roamio OTA. I believe this has to do w/ the 4 tuners. However, just in the past week, I'm getting absolutely nothing from CBS. The weirdest thing is if I jiggle the HDMI cable in the back of the TV, my signal starts to come back, which makes me think I have some interference going on or perhaps a bad HDMI. I tried the other HDMI that was plugged into the BD player, but I had the same results.

What do you think could be going on? I haven't changed routers or modems within the past couple of months. The only new electronic device introduced is an outdoor power strip w/ RF remote for my xmas lights. I haven't tried to unplug this yet, and it's not close to my TV.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Have you tried swapping the HDMI cable?

How is CBS if you run the antenna signal directly into your TV?

3. rwuich

rwuich New Member

Dec 4, 2015
    The signal is great direct from coax to TV. Also works great to the other 2 TV's in the house. The problem is only when I attach through the TIVO. I get around a 40 signal.

I have not tried a new HDMI, but I have tried the HDMI that is connected to the Bluray player... same cheap HDMI cable though.

4. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    What signal strengths to you average on the channels other than CBS? Are all splitter taps either connected to a device input or terminated with a terminator?

5. MikeBear

MikeBear Letting my mind wander, luring it back with candy.

May 21, 2015
    Mid-Michigan

Advertisements

Unplug the Amazon Fire stick and see if your pixilation goes away. Those are known to cause interference with OTA antenna systems...