New "Pan Am" pilot with Christina Ricci, "Mad Men" in the sky

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, May 18, 2011.

1. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Not too hard to imagine the elevator pitch. "It's 'Mad Men' with the 'Jet Set' and sexy stus."

I hope they can shoot around that Charlie Brown round face blocking the whole cabin.

The good news is Tommy Schlamme. Aaron Zorkin gave him a lot of credit for "The West Wing."

2. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    They sold me on the Mad Men of the skies... although that's some big sell. And, while I'm not a tremendous Ricci fan - the big bonus is Tommy Schlamme.
    I can't wait!

I don't recall this Scrubs guy. Even pulling up photos of him - did I miss a few seasons?

3. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    I think it has potential and Mad Men in the Chicago Playboy club has lots of potential as well.

4. headroll

headroll Let em' Roll

Jan 20, 2003
    Long...
    I think he was in the Scrubs last season "Reboot" which I never watched.

-Roll

5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Are you also excited for NBC's "The Playboy Club," which is also a rip-off of Mad Men, set in Chicago in the 1960s about the employees and patrons of that famous club?
    He was one of the med students on the final season. Maybe you didn't watch that.

6. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    They'll need to read this book for research:

[​IMG]

7. IJustLikeTivo

IJustLikeTivo Active Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Gaithersburg...
    Just watch the movie version. No one reads anymore.... ;-)

8. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    Just one. He was in the final season of Scrubs. It was the "New Class" re-boot of the show where they tried to keep it going by bringing in a new group of "newbies" while Turk and Cox became teaching doctors.

9. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Okay - no, I must not have watched that last season, I guess. I don't recall 'not' watching it, but none of that rings any bells...

I've not heard of this Playboy Club series, either.
    Eddie Cibrian - so, yeah, I'll at least watch the first few eps. :)
    Pan Am and Tommy Schlamme pique my interest more than the bunnies, though.

10. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...

"I shouldda been a pilot."

Wait. I am a pilot. That doesn't get me chicks.

In some cases owning an airplane makes people think I'm rich, even though it's the opposite. Some of my GF's friends were impressed by that.

"You're a pilot? What airline?" Ummmmmmmmmm...none.

11. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    I think you need to be a commercial pilot to get the chicks. I know a pilot that does a lot of long runs in Jumbos that require overnights before he can fly again.

Take a some single women, and some single pilots, give them all hotel rooms and a stipend - stuff happens.

Z

12. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    dont know if commercial pilots get the girls these days. the whole industry has lost all of the glamor it used to have when it was new. heck, I heard that some of the commercial pilots make less than $20k/year.

13. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Isn't this just Swingtown?!

(Good show, IMHO.. I actually have the first DVD from netflix, and will probably re-watch the ones I'd already seen, and of course the rest I missed.)