1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new mini streams video from apps but v112 for live or recorded

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by A.VOID, Mar 12, 2015.

1. A.VOID

A.VOID New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    I got a new mini setup, and it took multiple forced updates until it linked to my dvr.
    now it only says v112 error when Trying to watch live TV or recorded shows. I can stream amazon, hulu, etc without a hiccup. Network shows 265mbps.

Is this an activation issue, or some thing else?

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    v112's are usually a network problem but your phy rate sounds good.

v112's are sometimes fixable by Tivo. See here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=9987874#post9987874

In the meantime, how is the DVR connected to the network? Is the Mini connected by moca?

I would power-cycle everything (including router) and force another connection on the DVR. If that doesn't help, Margret may be able to assist further.

3. A.VOID

A.VOID New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Roamio hooked up via ether net and moca
    mini hooked up on moca. It sees the roamio and shows and guide. I can stream videos from amazon, netflix, hulu, etc, so the network appears fine

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I agree that the speed sounds good, and TiVo says your error is:
    "Cannot stream content, there may be a problem on your network causing the latency to be too high to stream".

I am curious what you are viewing to get that network speed. I can't find any diagnostic that shows the data rate between my Mini and Roamio. It's a strange problem. Did it ever work?

5. A.VOID

A.VOID New Member

Sep 9, 2005
  6. Skryme

Skryme New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Hi, A.VOID,

I don't have much to offer on this issue except to say that I purchased a TiVo mini last month connected to a Moca network, and I have the identical problem. Netflix, YouTube, Pandora all stream with very fast speeds. I can connect to the Roamio and see the contents, but get a V112 when trying to view live or stream recorded content.

I connected the mini to a TiVo wireless adapter and it was then able to stream from the Roamio just fine. So I know it works with wifi. It just doesn't seem to work on Moca. If I ever figure out a solution, I'll post back here.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I understand. I don't use MoCA. My Mini runs off an AN0100 adapter. Thanks for the link.

8. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    V112
    If you see V112 errors on your TiVo boxes, please email me your TSNs, and we can fix the issue. (margret@tivo.com)

--Margret

TiVo Inc. *

9. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Have you done the first, basic step to resolution to network issues? That is, reboot the Tivo boxes and the network components?

10. A.VOID

A.VOID New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    emailed, thanks!

11. A.VOID

A.VOID New Member

Sep 9, 2005
    Margret fixed it. FYI for others.

12. Skryme

Skryme New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Many thanks to Margret - I emailed her as well and she was able to fix the issue very quickly. Thanks, Margret!

Keywords for future people searching on this topic:
    V112 network error
    can not stream to mini but can see programs
    can not watch recorded programs on TiVo mini
    Margret is awesome

:)

13. NSPhillips

NSPhillips Member

May 31, 2007
    Margret quickly responded to my email, but unforetunatly, I still have the problem. I switched to a V113 message (testing network) for a bit, but then went back to V112.

I'm at a loss since the MoCA connection seems to support everything except Roamio-to-Mini streams. I have multiple devices connected to a switch I bridged to the Roamio and they work fine.

I guess it could have something to do with the patchwork MoCA network I put together using an old Actiontec FIOS router. But I expected problems in initial setup, not a normal in-home usage like this.

14. gbertler

gbertler Member

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm getting the same on both of my Tivo minis. It started right after or shortly after the software update to version 20.7.1