New Mini 4k/wireless

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Eldragun, May 17, 2016.

  1. Eldragun

    Eldragun Member

    33
    13
    Feb 3, 2016

    Advertisements

    Does anyone know when the new Mini will be released? I was told by a Rep in would be in March, but nothing ever surfaced.
     
  2. Feb 3, 2017 #2 of 37
    ilovedvrs

    ilovedvrs Member

    357
    7
    Oct 20, 2004
    where is the 4k mini ?
     
  3. Feb 3, 2017 #3 of 37
    Mikeguy

    Mikeguy Well-Known Member

    27,636
    9,204
    Jul 28, 2005
    Well, Ira Bahr did say "the first half" of this year--5 months to go . . . . ;)
     
  4. Feb 7, 2017 #4 of 37
    Eldragun

    Eldragun Member

    33
    13
    Feb 3, 2016
    I hope it's coming soon, I was looking to purchase 3 or 4 of them, but i'd rather not have to buy the current Mini that has hardware around 5+ years old
     
  5. Feb 7, 2017 #5 of 37
    Mikeguy

    Mikeguy Well-Known Member

    27,636
    9,204
    Jul 28, 2005

    Advertisements

    Drop a line to TiVo about your plans--will make its day. ;)
     
  6. alexb

    alexb Active Member

    436
    58
    Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    I gave up waiting and bought another mini.
     
  7. Eldragun

    Eldragun Member

    33
    13
    Feb 3, 2016
    I'm trying to hold out , but I'd like some conformation The 4k Mini is in fact coming out 1st half of 2017, so far , I haven't heard a word
     
  8. HazelW

    HazelW Member

    294
    0
    Dec 6, 2007
    No. Va
    I am more interested in the "wireless" part. I have a mini on my porch and powerline and WiFi work 90% of the time, but the other 10% is very frustrating. I just bought a Roku stick and tried the Comcast beta app. Works like a charm for live TV and stuff recorded on my X1 box. Why can't TiVo do it?
     
  9. dougdingle

    dougdingle HD Tech

    926
    73
    Jul 4, 2007
    West Coast
    Unlike streaming services, the Mini gets a quality stream from the base unit. TiVo wisely chose to make it wired ethernet only, knowing that most people's wireless is spotty and crappy.

    I've been using a powerline pair to feed a Mini in the basement guest room, and it's been 100% reliable, even though my wiring is mostly from the mid-1930's.
     
    Mikeguy likes this.
  10. Eldragun

    Eldragun Member

    33
    13
    Feb 3, 2016
    Still nothing on the next Gen Mini coming out this year? I wonder if its still in the works
     
  11. Mikeguy

    Mikeguy Well-Known Member

    27,636
    9,204
    Jul 28, 2005
  12. fcfc2

    fcfc2 Well-Known Member

    2,588
    550
    Feb 19, 2015
    I am not sure where "wireless" came into the discussion, "4K" yes, "wireless" no. It is possible but it would be a change of course for Tivo to start supporting wireless on the minis.
     
  13. Mikeguy

    Mikeguy Well-Known Member

    27,636
    9,204
    Jul 28, 2005
    In that same Q and A, Ira Bahr said no as to wireless, for fidelity reasons.
     
  14. preilly44

    preilly44 Member

    61
    1
    May 31, 2011
    Has anybody heard any updates?
     
  15. BigJimOutlaw

    BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

    3,317
    655
    Mar 21, 2004
    Trademarks for "Tivo Bolt Vox" and "Tivo Mini Vox" were applied for in April, and a photo of a remote with a voice button is out there, implying the Mini is possibly getting closer and voice support will be one of its features.
     
  16. DigitalDawn

    DigitalDawn Active Member

    387
    92
    Apr 26, 2009
    Jupiter, FL
    Yes, there will be a voice remote. I don't know the ETA however.
     
  17. Eldragun

    Eldragun Member

    33
    13
    Feb 3, 2016
    my guess would be Sept/Oct this year hopefully
     
  18. Rowan

    Rowan Member

    41
    1
    Jun 29, 2000
    Carrollton, TX
    I too am waiting on the 4K mini, will buy as soon as it is available.
     
  19. Leon WIlkinson

    Leon WIlkinson TiVo Gone Wild

    1,324
    2
    Feb 13, 2000
    TiVo Town
    I will put up my mini on ebay for 4k.......be back real soon with link.:D
     
  20. rb9192

    rb9192 New Member

    2
    0
    Feb 7, 2007
    I need two so I'm waiting...
     

Share This Page

spam firewall

Advertisements