New Lux - DVR Not Found Error

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by RMSko, Feb 5, 2021.

1. RMSko

RMSko Active Member

Sep 4, 2001
    Westfield,...

Advertisements

I just connected a new Mini Lux, activated it with TiVo and then went through the full setup, but after it connected to TiVo service I got an error message that the Lux could not find my DVR (Bolt Plus). I forced a service connection on the Bolt Plus a bunch of times and restarted the Lux a bunch of times but I keep getting the same error message. I called TiVo and they said that there needs to be a software update to allow the connection and that for this to be done it needs to be escalated and it will take 2-3 business days. This seems crazy and really makes no sense to me but I’m wondering if anyone has any idea what the issue is or what they are talking about. As an aside, I have 4 other minis and they all work perfectly. Any thoughts?

2. RMSko

RMSko Active Member

Sep 4, 2001
    Westfield,...
    Well the Lux is at least finding the Bolt Plus now. It plays some of the recorded items, but not all and it won’t connect to Live TV - I get an error message that it needs to verify the account. Hopefully it connects soon.

3. Sonyad

Sonyad Member

Sep 2, 2014
    After adding an tivo device to your account, it still takes some time for it to be fully activated. Check tivo.com to verify the state of the Lux's activation.

4. RMSko

RMSko Active Member

Sep 4, 2001
    Westfield,...
    At TiVo.com it says it’s activated but maybe it still takes time to be “fully” activated?

5. wyrman

wyrman New Member

Jan 23, 2021

Advertisements

I've been battling this problem for about a month. I had bought two mini vox's, after activation, I was getting error message v113.
    I finally got a customer service rep that looked into it instead of reading off of a card.
    She said something about it not being in the group. That was Friday, she said Monday it should work. It finally starting working today.
    I have one more to get to work now, it's a long process as the cs reps don't seem to be very good.

6. RMSko

RMSko Active Member

Sep 4, 2001
    Westfield,...
    It took a week, but all my Minis are now finally working.