New(ish) Bolt doesn't record suggestions

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by pdhenry, Jan 21, 2018.

1. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA

Advertisements

I have two Bolts (and have owned a series of TiVos since 2005) but the newer of the two Bolts won't record suggestions no matter what I do. I'm familiar with the menu selection where you can choose whether to record suggestions, but it doesn't do anything.

I transferred OnePasses and recordings from a Premiere (offhand I believe suggestions were disabled on that box) when I set the Bolt up a few years ago. New recordings record but my Suggestions folder remains empty.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Any suggestions? The other Bolt records suggestions just fine so it's mostly a minor inconvenience.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    How new? It takes about a week or so. Have you been giving thumbs to content? Transferring content and OPs does not transfer the thumbs ratings.

3. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I've had it for a couple of months.

I'll check thumb ratings - that might be the issue (although IME insufficient ratings has resulted in widely inappropriate suggestions rather than a complete lack).

4. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Months is weird, I figured it was days.

5. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010

Advertisements

I have a Roamio which very nearly completely stopped recording suggestions when the Rovi data switch was made. It used to record 2 or 3 old movies from random channels every day, now it has recorded 2 or 3 in the last year.

6. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Wait -- I actually had a suggestion record yesterday. It's in Spanish so we've made it to the "widely inappropriate suggestions" stage. None of my transferred APs had thumbs, so thanks for the heads up on that. I went through and gave 1 Up to most of them just now.