New Install - you tube

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ducker, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    So, had my new install go in last friday - fairly straight forward, some issues.

The tivo box had an issue applying one of the updates, Tivo.com pretty much told me this may be an update bug, and if I can to possibly return the box (as I didn't buy lifetime for it yet)
    Lucky for me this cleared up
    I was seeing the box lock up, and when looking at the DVR statistics some channels were throwing errors - tivo.com suggested this was because the SNR was too high, verizon put on a filter thing, at the back of my premiere and it seemed to clear it up. No lock ups, less errors showing up on the DVR statistics pages.

So now, to my question, I've run a number of updates, and I should be able to access youtube right? But I can't. Any input?

Also, If I already have a pandora account that I use on my ipod/iphone is there a way to access that account via the pandora section on the premiere? or am I stuck with using a new pandora account?

Thanks!

2. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Sometimes after updates certain apps may dissapear. Youtube may appear again in a few days and if it dosent by then, try restarting the box. Yes you can use the same pandora account on your tivo. I use my pandora account on my tivo, smartphone, ipad and computer.

3. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Have you activated your Tivo subscription?

4. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    MA
    Oh I have... still not available.. says I need to be running version 9.4 or later (and I'm on around 14.4c I believe)

I see the YouTube selection, I just got to a menu that states that I can't use it (because I need to be running 9.4 or later ) Please wait for your tivo to update.. which it has.

I was thinking I forgot to update something else? Or connect the you tube to some type of account somewhere?